Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Jen and I am from Wisconsin. My goal this summer is complete my first BIG goal of losing 100 pounds (only 6 to go) and challenges such as these help to keep me motivated.
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am working on getting back in shape. I had some medical problems derail me a while back and now I am getting around them. So onward and downward we go. =)
  • PrajnaFaux
    PrajnaFaux Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi, I'm Prajna! Originally from Maui, Hawaii I now live in Southern California with my husband, five kids (ages 9-19), 19 chickens, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and rabbit. My favorite color is purple and favorite food is pineapple. I like to read, garden, hike, run (slowly), listen to music, and hang out with my family. I love God and, more importantly, I know He's crazy about me!

For me, getting in shape is a perk of overcoming my issues with food addiction, not the goal. My real goal is not to rely on food for comfort and reward. Of course, being in better shape will allow me to start running again. I also want to break the cycle of food addiction in my family and getting healthy will be a good example for my five kids and will make it more likely that I will be around to see my grandkids. I've lost the weight before, but when I suffered a foot injury last year and had to give up running I got depressed, pigged out, and gained it all back. I'd love to get back into running again, but my weight puts too much of a strain on my body to handle it. Right now I'm working on my food addiction in Celebrate Recovery and this seems like a great tool for me to hold myself accountable and avoid the denial.

I've been looking for some fun accountability. I need to lose a total of 60 lbs to get into a healthy BMI range. So far I'm 16 lbs down since December when I really started focusing on changing my habits. This seems like a fun group, and I like the idea of weekly challenges that are fun, not food, related.

BTW, I'm having trouble adjusting my ticker, so the "pounds to go" on it is my goal for the month of June.
  • Jullessi
    Jullessi Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi I am Jules. I am almost 50 and from Glasgow in Scotland. i joined in March fat and unhealthy and am enjoying the journey.
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just joined this group, so I appreciate you letting me in. This morning I weighed in at 238.3. When I started MFP in December 2012, I weighed 284, so I am happy with my progress, so far. It took me a while to celebrate my weight loss, as I was so scared that it would come back. I am finally at a point where I can celebrate all the hard work I have done to get to where I am now, and know I still have a long way to go.
    These groups have really helped keep me in check, so thank you for putting this together for the summer. I am in the Soprano's, so that will be starting back up when this one ends.
    My goals for this summer is to get as close to 220 as possible. I just got back from vacation and gained close to ten pounds, but most of it was water weight - my feet and legs were very swollen. I got that off and a little more in the week I have been back.
    Thanks again for starting this group to keep me in line this summer!
    MudflatMabel
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mabel! Glad you could join us. Not sure what Cabin you've been assigned to, but I hope you enjoy being here as much as we all do!!
  • Salty510
    Salty510 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm Jody. I'm a 36 year old mother of two under 4. My partner works 60-90 hours a week (yeah. A week) so for the most part I'm doing it all on my own. It hard.

I'm here because I need to find a support system as my partner really doesn't want to hear anything about it.

Anyway...

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you more! :)
  • SummerMM1
    SummerMM1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome mudflatmebal and Jody, can't wait to get to know you both better and good luck on both your journeys :smile:
  • futurefitgirl3
    futurefitgirl3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My name is Karen and I live in Pennsylvania. I have lost some weight, but I need to lose more and tone muscle. I don't want to give up so I need motivation to keep me going.
  • lewiscandacea
    lewiscandacea Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi-My name is Candace and I am from Oklahoma. I am looking forward to this challenge. I weigh 153 and would like to weigh closer to 140-138. I need some extra motivation and this team looked great. I have been on MFP for awhile but have never really used it and this will be one of my first challenges on here.