Holidays on the Keto diet

Options
Anyone have any good tips for Keto during the holidays? Im going out of town for Thanksgiving and am on a roll with the Keto diet, Im afraid Ill end up eating a whole pile of potatoes and a basket of bread! Suggestions please!

Replies

• CatonGirl
    CatonGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Again! Do you like butternut squash or acorn squash? if you haven't tried butternut squash soup....you gotta try it...keto friendly and quite festive. Also Acorn squash. I was afraid to try this for ever. I finally did; I am 52 and now I can't get enough of it!! This is the year of the squash for me!! So turkey and gravy..keto friendly if we use minimal flour in the gravy. I think I can pass up white potatoes, but I think the squashes will fill that need. I think I will avoid corn but olives and cream cheese stuffed celery (a tradition in our house, some cream cheese mixed with chopped green olives for those that like it) are acceptable. Stuffing....ohhh..don't know but was thinking of looking either on Pinterest or Allrecipes.com for a different type of stuffing. Also, have you ever tried "riced cauliflower??" saw that on Pinterest, maybe if I add that into the stuffing, I can at least reduce the carbs. Pumpkin Pie....well, maybe since it IS a holiday, one piece. What ideas have you come up with? Besides hiding???