Define - Upper & Lower Body

Options
Okay, so who else thinks that these two classes could be put together? They both are roughly 20 minutes running time on the DVD's so I feel like they really should just be put together for one nice 40 minute long class. Last night I just did lower body plus 20 minutes on my elliptical to really get in a good sweat session.

Replies

• yvonneknits
    yvonneknits Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think they could be combined into one but I haven't done it yet. At the end of lower body she says you can just continue on into upper body. I think the upper body workout is really missing a warm up so after the first time, I started with the lower body warm up and then did the upper body work out. It just didn't feel right going right into triceps push ups without some kind of warm up. I'm still having to modify several things so I'm not ready to combine them yet.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I think they could be combined into one but I haven't done it yet. At the end of lower body she says you can just continue on into upper body. I think the upper body workout is really missing a warm up so after the first time, I started with the lower body warm up and then did the upper body work out. It just didn't feel right going right into triceps push ups without some kind of warm up. I'm still having to modify several things so I'm not ready to combine them yet.

I totally agree. It seems like it should just have been made into one class in the first place since there is no true warm up to upper body. I definitely am going to start combining them also. Now, in combining them, do you take a second rest day since it shows Lower Body one day and Upper Body one day? Not quite sure how to work that one out. Any suggestions?
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    She says in the lower video you can do upper (or vice versa i don't remember) they're short id go for it.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    She says in the lower video you can do upper (or vice versa i don't remember) they're short id go for it.

You're right, the lower video is first and she says you can go right into the upper video. I combined them both on Saturday then did all cardio on Sunday to really get a good burn in.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've only got a few more days til i start again. I may be trying that soon :D