Ate bread yesterday, wicked headach followed

Options
DAM5412
DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
So, coming off carbs I found myself with the typical keto flu symptoms and am usually prepared for them. However, yesterday, for the first time in a long time, I had a couple of bites of bread at lunch and again at dinner (yummy dark rye at lunch and a beautiful crispy focaccia at dinner). My carbs were still under 50g for the day, but the highest I'd gone lately was around 30g, with 20g being my usual daily. Last night and today, I've had a wicked headache. I realize there could be many other reasons, but anyone else have this experience when indulging? Just curious.

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Before this lifestyle, I ate bread or wheat flours a few times a week. But now, after being off of it for a couple months, I do get a very ill stomach if I consume just a small amount of wheat. I made some pork chops this weekend and breaded them with flour. My stomach was ill for 3 days. No more wheat for me! Maybe I have some sort of glucose issue and just haven't realized it.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Gluten these days is a pervasive inflammatory agent. I had debilitating migraines when I ate gluten, so bad that my husband had to call the on call doctor because the pain was so bad and my BP was so high! If I hadn't had beta blockers on hand I would have been in the ED! Even if you don't have full blown Celiac, the GMO and increased gluten in wheat these days has very negative affects on people.