Ideas For Low Acid/Low Carb Pizza and Tomato Recipes Needed

Options
I have severe acid reflux so chocolate and tomatoes (my favorite foods) are causing me to get sick.

I know about the low acid tomatoes, but can I really use them with success with my acid reflux?

What about chocolates that cause no or less issues with acid reflux?

I remember as a child pulling the tomato straight from the Garden and eating it. As a young adult using only tomatoes to flavor and moisten bread and sandwiches (no condiments) it was so much healthier and I actually preferred it. Is it possible to get those days back again?

Crissy

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Not for nothing but I have read that acid reflux is actually a problem with low digestive acids and enzymes. AND I have found for myself that certain foods are more likely to cause it if you are sensitive...wheat and dairy being the big ones. But, low carb usually helps digestive woes anyway so what if you tried a portobello mushroom pizza, (just use portobello mushrooms as a crust) and ate no wheat. Then if you still have the issue try no dairy, Still have an issue try no wheat or dairy, then there is soy, eggs, nuts, legumes, etc. I swear I have no heartburn without the foods I am intolerant to.