Defective DVD - What to do??!

Options
JRadd14
JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
I purchased the Meta Omnicentric Series through QVC beginning of last year. I knew I wasn't going to start it for a little while as I was a new mom and wanted to wait until I was done BF, etc., but decided to get it since it was on Easy Pay and a great deal as it came with an extra DVD for Day 91+...

Well I've started and stopped the program over the last 8 months and am finally committed to the program. I completed Day 29 and decided to preview the next workout in advance (Day 31) which is on the next DVD. To my dismay, about halfway through the workout the disk stops and restarts. I try it again and at about the 17min mark it stops again. I am mortified. I then play the other dvds to see if there are any issues and they run fine.

I called TA's Customer Service and they stated they cannot help me since I purchased it through QVC. I called QVC and the gal looked to see if they could replace the 1 defective dvd or even the entire set but it wouldn't let her b/c of the timeframe. A manager is supposed to call me back and I'm hoping they can do something...

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do if they can't help me... I could buy a used set but I'm not finding any options that are under $45.... AND if I do go that route how can I be sure I won't get another defective dvd? A new set is simply too expensive. It is very frustrating that just 1 dvd is defective and it's the one I should be using NOW. I'm just continuing to do the Day 21-30 workout until I hear back or figure out what to do. Hopefully QVC can help me. Since these workouts build off the previous set I really need to do all the workouts... Sigh...

If anyone else has recently purchased this series be sure to preview them all!

Replies

• mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of taken aback by the customer service through Tracy Anderson. I would have thought that since it is their product and Tracy regularly was the one doing the show selling the product that they would have honoured the return/exchange of a defective disk. Especially since this is a common problem with this product. I hope that you are able to get this dealt with