Clean Food Exceptions

Options
bound4beauty
bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
Each of us has our own standards by which we deem a food clean or not, but what foods, that are not necessarily clean, do you make exceptions for and eat anyway?

Mine are mostly dairy:

2% Cottage Cheese
Laughing Cow Cheese
Organic String Cheese
Applegate Farms Organic Cheese Slices
Boarshead Low Sodium Turkey & Roast Beef

Other items I eat that some may not consider clean are:

Whole Wheat Pasta
Ezekiel Bread, English Muffins, Bagels

Replies

• MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Mine would be mostly dairy too. I have cottage cheese and cheddar cheese most days. I also use whey powder/protein bars to help get my protein.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Mine would be mostly dairy too. I have cottage cheese and cheddar cheese most days. I also use whey powder/protein bars to help get my protein.

Forgot about the protein powder and bars. I use those too.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Same, although I use one that has no artificial ingredients or sweeteners and comes from hormone free cows
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a few too many. Chocolate, cheese, bacon, ham, licorice and turkey breast. I choose only organic and nitrate free products.
  • RelativeChaos00
    RelativeChaos00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my downfall!! Lol. I also still use commercial protein powders and other fitness products. There are a few other things I indulge in but I'm making an effort to find cleaner or least healthier alternatives to those things.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Mine would be Kraft Parmesan (sprinkle cheese as I call it). Anytime something isn't tasting good a sprinkle of this gets me through. I keep thinking one day I'll give it up.
  • czecher
    czecher Posts: 21
    Options
    I will not give up yogurt. There is no way I could.

I have been toying with CE for years. I have never full-blown dove into it, but I have really gone much further than I thought I would. It is really hard when you have as many children as I do and some of them will just refuse to eat if they do not like it. I've been able to slowly make changes in their diets, but I have to disguise things and use reverse psychology on them. Then I have the child with the cyclical likes and dislikes that change like the times.

I am growing a lot of veggies and I have organic birds/rabbits (not too fatty) and have lots of fruit trees. I have not made anything from a box in a long time, but I'm not opposed to using premixed spices and stuff to help out. If I were single, it would be much easier, but I have other mouths and taste buds to think of and I want them to be as healthy as possible, so I will sacrifice my 100% CE desires for them. It's more important I provide them a healthier alternative and role model than force them to do something they may rebel against.
  • jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    Options
    My exceptions are almond milk and coconut milk (out of a carton). I'm just not motivated enough to make and store my own. Also, my protein powders (otherwise, I'd never be able to get enough protein)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Bacon & the healthiest protein bar I can find at a gas station if I need a quick meal replacement due to work... MRE's in the military are a no go lol...
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    So glad to know I'm not the only one. Greek yogurt is my breakfast staple. also (gulp) Crystal Light, I double the water and add real lemon juice, but still I'm afraid to read the ingredients. Add protein bars to the list as well. I do eat packaged foods, but I make sure the list of ingredients is short and made up of real food