3 tbsp butter (I use kerrygold)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
10oz bag spinach
2 tbsp hwc
112 g (4oz) fresh-shredded sharp or extra sharp cheddar

Melt the butter with the spices over medium heat. Add the spinach and wilt to your liking. Turn heat down to low, add hwc and shredded cheese and stir to melt.

I ate half the entire pan of this, my husband and 4 kids split the rest.

The cheese sauce was so awesome that I actually used the remainder on my plate to drag my chicken leg meat through. Enjoy!

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I love cheese and spinach.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I'm making some greens for me this evening. Ham beans for everyone else. I'm thinking of cheesing up those greens now. Yum. Thank you!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I'm making some greens for me this evening. Ham beans for everyone else. I'm thinking of cheesing up those greens now. Yum. Thank you!

I did this mostly because I was super low on cals and by eating half the recipe myself, I got awesome green, like 400+ cals and nailed that fat macro, lol

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I cut some of the butter and cheese a wee bit. Still good. Too many carbs because I used preshredded packaged cheese. Next time I'm whipping out the shredder and the cheese block. And adding more cheese. I only used half because of the dumb starch carbs in the cheese! I needed the cals and fat, too. This is my new fave. Looking forward to eating the rest tonight.
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    Thanks! I'll be making this as part of my dinner this eve'. :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I cut some of the butter and cheese a wee bit. Still good. Too many carbs because I used preshredded packaged cheese. Next time I'm whipping out the shredder and the cheese block. And adding more cheese. I only used half because of the dumb starch carbs in the cheese! I needed the cals and fat, too. This is my new fave. Looking forward to eating the rest tonight.

Yeah, I shredded my cheese by hand. You could easily cut the butter by half and still get the taste.

Supper tonight was 85g mushrooms and 56g spinach sauteed in 1tbsp kerrygold butter, then scrambled into 4 eggs with 28g cheddar and 2 slices bacon.