November 12

Options
NorahCait
NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
Good morning all!

How do you handle those days when you're out of the house from early morning until late at night? I kept thinking, "I'm sure I logged in my coffee at least," and I was planning to log everything else when I got home. All of a sudden, it's 2am and I log in to see, "1 day streak." Dang it! I know I should have just double checked that I had logged in, but it seemed like every minute there was something to do.

Ah, well. It's not the end of the world. Day 1 it is!

Replies

• ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That happened to me about (exactly) 25 days ago haha. It is something that at times just happens. The good news is that we are able to take it, if we wish to, as a sign that we are recommitting ourselves to this course of action. That is what I decided to when my streak was broken by trying to log too late.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Very positive Zac. That happened to me too when I switched time zones and lost a day...fortunately I was able to recover it ....but forgot how I did. I think you can check out the 'help' and see if you can get it back. I will be traveling again shortly and I suppose it will happen to me again too!

So how is everyone on these chilly November days?? Sticking to our healthy eating plans?? Getting your exercising in??
  • NorahCait
    Options
    I miss the daylight. I can't walk home from work anymore because the first mile or so isn't terribly well lit and goes through some areas with a high incidence of muggings and not a ton of foot traffic. That means that I'm missing out on 6,000 steps as part of my regular routine! I've been keeping up with it for the most part by just jogging/pacing around my apartment while watching TV or reading, but it isn't as satisfying. I keep telling myself that I'm going to start going to the gym in the mornings, but I'm such a night owl that forcing myself out of bed at 5am is nearly impossible. I just need to make the decision to do it and follow through, rather than keep telling myself, "I should do this... one of these days."

Eating well is a LOT more difficult in cold weather for me. A salad just isn't quite as appealing, and there aren't as many good fresh veggies that don't require a ton of planning to eat. Plus, the comfort of hearty foods in cold weather... I'm managing ok-ish, in terms of calories, but not so hot when it comes to macros and micros.

How about you, Nancy?
  • NorahCait
    Options
    Gosh, my post was negative. I should say that I've been keeping up with averaging 20k+ steps a day, so that's quite an accomplishment for me. I try to at least hit my goal of 12,917 (asked my fiance to set a random goal somewhere north of 10k for me) even on days when I feel bleh, and so far, with the exception of days when I've been ill, I've managed that consistently for about a month.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Life is good, but at times with school and work it can be difficult to get in the exercise I want and eat as well as I should. I am doing fairly well, but with this being my last semester I am looking forward to having some gym buddies starting in about 6 weeks or so. I will be starting my MBA next year, but that will be online and not nearly the same hassle so hooray for that! I am most excited that I will again have a spotter for when I lift. It makes it just so much better.

20k steps is insane haha. That is some great work for sure.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry for being absent for a while. Between work, stress of a certain project and jury duty I haven't been checking in and mostly keeping to myself and my gremlins.

You can contact MFP help and the will adjust your counter if you want.

I'm thankful that I can do the logging fairly automatically. If I am making what I eat I log the ingredients as I am preparing the food. If I haven't prepared the food then I am logging as I eat. It's the easiest thing for me because I know if I say "i'll log it at the end of the day" it would be a month before I started skipping days.

Particularly when i have to leave early for a clients and can't cook something for breakfast I usually try to grab a cliff bar. I keep a box around because I like to take them on bike rides for when i need to eat during a ride. My stomach has no issue with them and if I eat it with water it fills me up enough to get to lunch without feeling hungry. They are usually only 240cal so they are never a blow to my cal count and it's nice to have something I know I like and that makes me feel full. They make ones with more protein if that helps other fell full. Plus it's nice to have something convenient for the days you just want an excuse to do something more convenient.

If I don't do that then I go into lunch hungry and it becomes way to easy for me to make excuses and justify food choices that I shouldn't. Not that that is always easy even when I'm not going into lunch hungry. Particularly this last month where I have just been making far to many excuses to make choices I know I shouldn't. It's just one of those times, and now I can go back and undo the excuses and justifications I made in my head.

The change in tim is definitely killer. It is making it a lot hard to get out and exercise particularly when evening have previously been the most convenient. Now that the sun sets close to 5pm i'm still usually working. Plus this time of year work wise has left me with fewer moment's in the afternoon where I can get away for two hours without a client missing me. But we will get through it.