Just some tips on how to stay motivated...

Options
So I wanted to share with you some top tips for staying motivated in those times when you're just so not feelin' it! (These are from Chalene Johnson!)

1. SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS! Don't make it impossible for you succeed. You know when you do this! When you structure your day in an impossible way then feel defeated when it's not all accomplishable. Structure your day in a realistic way and organize your time so that it's attainable.

2. FIND PEOPLE TO KEEP YOU ACCOUNTABLE. Accountability works! So find a partner, a family member or even someone you connect with online that can keep you on track moving in the right direction. Don't be afraid to give people you love and trust permission to keep you accountable. You will be so appreciative of it in the end.

3. DON'T GET OVERWHELMED BY THE BIG END GOAL. Stay focused on making slow and steady baby steps every day. Those that sprint, lose their energy and motivation very quickly. Small… baby… steps… every day… and a year from now you'll back in amazement at how you've come!

4. CHANGE YOUR MINDSET. It is unbelievable how much power you have over your life, your attitude, the outcome of things, just by changing your mindset... just by really concentrating on whatever it is you want to have happen. If you tell yourself, “I'm not going to lose weight this time. I'm going to go on this diet but I'm probably going to fall off and slip into my old, bad habits. I'm going to start this business but I'm not good at sales and I probably not be very good at this.” Even if you're just saying those things quietly in your head, they will become true.. period.. end of subject. Whatever you believe to be true, whatever you focus your attention and energy on becomes your reality. You’ve already made progress. If you look back and notice how far you’ve come and you focus on that rather than how much further you have to go, that changes your reality!

Replies

• ImNoAngel2
    ImNoAngel2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love these! They are all so true. Having a good support system is the key to help you stay on the right track. Also having people that will hold you accountable is awesome. I've actually lost friends because they didn't like the new healthy me they preferred the lazy unhealthy didn't care what I ate me. So they are no longer my friend & I don't need people like that in my life who don't support the changes I've made. I'm going to print these out & put them on my fridge. :)