Nighttime binge-eating. How to deal with it on a weight loss journey???

Options
danitxx
danitxx Posts: 15 Member
I'm a binge eater. It's usually at night when I've lied down after a long day and am watching a movie and waiting to get tired enough to fall asleep. I use to binge all day everyday but i got really good with controlling it during the day. And lately i've been good about controlling it during the night but i would just really like some tips for the next time i feel the overwhelming urge to walk in my kitchen and eat everything in sight. lol

Replies

• Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    After I beat the bulemic cycle of restrict - binge - purge, I began binging only at night when I woke up, it eventually dropped from binging > 1000 calories to eating about 400-600 calories. To stop night eating - I purchased a lock and chain, I put all foods in 1 cabinet, I lock the doors and my wife takes the key.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What works for me is get myself tired enough to sleep at night so that when I wake up, it is already time for breakfast and I haven't had the opportunity to binge. Another thing that works for me is exercising. By the end of it, you'll be tired enough to fall asleep.
  • Shyster2005
    Shyster2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for me, if I feel like I want to binge, I have to get as far away from the fridge as possible. Yes, there are times that I have taken Tylenol PM just to get me to calm down and go to sleep so that the binge doesn't happen. If I can get up to my bed and get interested in a book then typically the urge dies down. But it is not easy and it doesn't always work.
  • lindagrimm904
    lindagrimm904 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi to one and all! I'd like to say I'd never binge or purge again. The truth of the matter is I don't know, if and when it will happen. It use to happen all the time, then it just happened at night. Now it hasn't happened for years! I'd like to say I'm cured. I don't know! My Doc says I am! I hope everyone stays in touch with me! I'm visiting in Las Vegas with my Son! I'll be here until the end of April! It doesn't matter, you can always share with me! My name is lindagrimm904. I hope you have a blessed Lord's day! lyl! :Do:)<3
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have a food plan. I know exactly that I am going to eat for breakfast, for lunch, and for dinner, and I have a snack right before bed, so even if I'm feeling snacky after dinner, I know I'm less than 2 hours away from snack so there's no reason to graze, which leads to the binge for me.

I'm also a mass quantity eater -- I want that plate FULL. So I usually have a bag of vegetables with lunch. Knowing I have a LOT of food to eat really keeps me satisfied, which then leads to no binges.

Best of luck finding your path!