Meatloaf!

truelove7
truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
Happy Friday!
I'm new to the group so if I'm doing this wrong, somebody let me know, k?
I tried this AMAZING meatloaf recipe last night...kids and husband both loved it and asked if I could put it in our regular rotation!

wickedstuffed.com/keto-recipes/keto-meatloaf-stuffed-w-goat-cheese-spinach/

I left off the tomato paste and served ketchup on the side for whoever wanted it. I also subbed cream cheese for the chevre since I already had it on hand. (But I fully intend on using got cheese next time.) Easy and filling!

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Not to brag, but I seriously make the best non-keto meatloaf on the planet. Needless to say, I haven't made meatloaf since going lchf. I just didn't think it could be good without all of the "carby" ingredients that I use.

So, I want to thank you for posting this recipe. I book marked it and cannot wait to try!
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Not to brag, but I seriously make the best non-keto meatloaf on the planet. Needless to say, I haven't made meatloaf since going lchf. I just didn't think it could be good without all of the "carby" ingredients that I use.

So, I want to thank you for posting this recipe. I book marked it and cannot wait to try!
    Lula;

Not to brag but if we ever go back to reckless eating (not likely) - I'd challenge you to a "meatloaf off" <vbg>

Kidding aside, I believed exactly the same thing (nothing can compare to the "real thing" - ever!!!

BUT.....it CAN, it truly CAN - not just with meatloaf but any number of your (my) "real" recipes adapted to LCHF, not to mention many of those "new" ones you either find or create.

• lulalacroix

Not to brag but if we ever go back to reckless eating (not likely) - I'd challenge you to a "meatloaf off" <vbg>

Kidding aside, I believed exactly the same thing (nothing can compare to the "real thing" - ever!!!

BUT.....it CAN, it truly CAN - not just with meatloaf but any number of your (my) "real" recipes adapted to LCHF, not to mention many of those "new" ones you either find or create.

Lol. I would seriously take that challenge!!

I have successfully adapted some recipes - but mostly I'm just cooking differently. I would put my green bean, mushroom, bacon, blue cheese recipe up against anyone's side dish - keto or otherwise!
  • deansdad101

Lol. I would seriously take that challenge!!

I have successfully adapted some recipes - but mostly I'm just cooking differently. I would put my green bean, mushroom, bacon, blue cheese recipe up against anyone's side dish - keto or otherwise!
    Lulu;

If you are willing to "share" (or if you already did and I missed it) - it'll be on our T-day table (sounds delicious!)
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    @lula. That sounds good. Will you share the recipe?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    That meatloaf is giving me ideas... I think I'd share it with my OH.
  • lulalacroix
    @deadsdad101
    @dldoddy

Here's the recipe:

1 lb. fresh green beans
    8 oz. baby bellas (baby portabello mushrooms)
    2 tbsp. bacon grease
    3 slices crispy cooked bacon
    1/3 c. blue cheese crumbles
    2 tbsp. almond slices or slivers

Saute fresh green beans and sliced mushroom in bacon fat until tender. Salt and pepper to taste while cooking. Can add some water with lid and steam additionally if you want them to cook faster. When complete, sprinkle with crispy crumpled bacon. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and almonds. Enjoy!

These measurements are just estimates and you can use more of everything if you like. The green beans are also great if you toss with additional butter before adding toppings.
  • truelove7
    Lula-I do almost the exact same thing, only without the blue cheese and almonds! Sounds delicious and I can't wait to try those additions!
  • deansdad101
    @deadsdad101
    @dldoddy

Here's the recipe:

1 lb. fresh green beans
    8 oz. baby bellas (baby portabello mushrooms)
    2 tbsp. bacon grease
    3 slices crispy cooked bacon
    1/3 c. blue cheese crumbles
    2 tbsp. almond slices or slivers

Saute fresh green beans and sliced mushroom in bacon fat until tender. Salt and pepper to taste while cooking. Can add some water with lid and steam additionally if you want them to cook faster. When complete, sprinkle with crispy crumpled bacon. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and almonds. Enjoy!

These measurements are just estimates and you can use more of everything if you like. The green beans are also great if you toss with additional butter before adding toppings.
    Thanks Lula;

Have to check with the "boss" on the almonds (she keeps them under lock and key doesn't "share" well except on her terms <bg>)

We're good to go on all the rest though and it sounds great - very likely we'll try it before T-day.

Before LCHF, I don't think I ever used a measuring cup/spoon/scale for "anything", "ever".
    Little bit of this, more of that, to "taste" - probably half the reason I gained over those years.
    Ate a meal while cooking and another when we sat down to the table <g>.

Thanks again

• truelove7
    edited November 2014

Before LCHF, I don't think I ever used a measuring cup/spoon/scale for "anything", "ever".
    Little bit of this, more of that, to "taste" - probably half the reason I gained over those years.

THIS! Now I rely on my digital scale for EVERYTHING. It was a bit of a hassle at first but, boy does it make a huge difference when tracking calories or macros accurately. I didn't realize exactly how much I was overeating until I started seeing what single servings are based on weight.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    @lululacroix= Thanks for the recipe. It looks delicious!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    truelove7 wrote: »

THIS! Now I rely on my digital scale for EVERYTHING. It was a bit of a hassle at first but, boy does it make a huge difference when tracking calories or macros accurately. I didn't realize exactly how much I was overeating until I started seeing what single servings are based on weight.

Ditto that!
  • lulalacroix
    If anyone tries the recipe let me know if you like. :)
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Sounds awesome lula. I just licked my screen.