One week until surgery

Options
madmags
madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
I have been wondering when the date would finally arrive and now I have a bit of nerves now that it is a week away. I am not second guessing the decision, just the nerves are starting to set in.

Replies

• bivanusro
    bivanusro Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey mr. M , it's normal to have some nerves , we are human :smiley:
    I had my VSG last month , it was OK and already dropped some 26 kilos :# , the secret is to trust your doctor and look into the future - the future where YOU are slim.
  • bivanusro
    Options
    How are you dealing with your pre op. regime ? Mine was hyper-proteinic with lean meat , cottage cheese and egg whites (no carbs at all )
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Good to hear. Nerves are expected, it's a big life change coming. You'll be on the other side before you know it.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am confident in my surgeon and that this will work, I think it is the nerves you get for any kind of procedure. My surgeons office has changed the requirements for presurgery diet, so no particular diet required. I know others who went through a couple years ago and it was very strict. I have upped my protein and cut down on my carbs, because I know it can only help.
  • bivanusro
    Options
    In my case , the liver was rather large , and it's upper lobe overlapped part of the stomach. The medical staff decided my regime in order to shrink the liver :#
    It was really ok , by doing that the surgery was shorter by 30 minutes (it lasted only 75 minutes) and they required only 4 insertion points (2 cutting tools , 1 light source , 1 video camera) instead of 5 ( 1 additional tool for moving the liver around)
    I've asked if they can give me the video too , they will look for it , however because there were no special issues it's possible they didn't save it :(