How do you track Net Carbs on my fitnessPal?

Options
Rosy06
Rosy06 Posts: 15 Member
Does anyone know how to track Net Carbs on My Fitness Pal? I am following the Atkins diet and do not know how to adjust my settings to track Net Carbs or if it is even possible. If anyone knows how to do this can you walk me through it please. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• kumfer
    kumfer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you have both carbs and fiber displayed (make sure they are next to each other!) in your dairy, you can just do the subtraction. As far as I know, there is no other way to do it. I also follow a low carb diet, however I'm using a strict 20 net carbs with the Ketogenic diet.
  • rufiesmom
    rufiesmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually just search for the food and add net carbs after that...tons of them are put in there that way.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript
    ....or what Lord Twinkie said. Be aware that in Europe they already take the fiber out of the count, so sometimes a food will come up with an error. I run into this a lot because I count grams, so if I find a product that this occurs in, I reconfigure it as a custom food and add the carbs and fiber together so the app can properly do it's thing :)
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have my geek son walk me through the script to track net carbs, but one workaround I did was to create a custom measurement for net carbs. On the HOME, CHECK-IN area, you can create a custom measurement. When I obtain figures from taking carbs minus fiber count, I enter in the net carb number. I can more easily look at a chart than go back through each food log to do the math and compare if I am doing better on my goals. HTH
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yep the script works on desktop but not mobile. I too like to just search the food with net carbs, for example, "avocado net carbs".