Recommitted and need support

Options
LeeP135
LeeP135 Posts: 7 Member
Hi everyone,
Got on the scale today and am at my highest non-pregnant weight ever. I'm 42 years old, three kids, and need to reverse this trend. I have never before found it this hard to lose, and not gain, and I think it's my age!! :( I'm hoping that being more active on the boards will help. Any words of encouragement, as I try not to eat the rest of the evening?
Thanks!

Replies

• Misterfish96
    Misterfish96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone. As we get older it becomes more difficult to lose weight. Eat healthy and exercise. Just work on overall health and the pounds will slowly come off. It's not a race.
  • blucas123
    blucas123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. Add me as a friend. I am looking for friends to help motivate me and keep me accountable. I have been on and off this site for about 1 yr. I am starting back up and taking it serious. I am a 43 yr old mother of 3, (16,12,4). I am currently in Graduate School (yes, I had a temporary lapse in sanity)..... I have about 20 lbs to go and want to look great and feel great at my Graduation in August.
  • slralbert2015
    slralbert2015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hang in there...restarting as well ( we're in good company, if you look at all the posts to that effect!) it has gotten harder, especially with changing hormones, but just have to take one day at a time!
  • wdarling712
    Options
    It is so much harder to lose post-40!!! I'm really struggling - but determined to get this 15 lbs off. I keep falling off the wagon, but all you can do is just keep picking back up. Feel free to add me!
  • mtdang
    mtdang Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Agree, I thought it all fell apart at menopause but apparently early to mid 40's is when it starts getting tough. Feel free to add me too. try a meditation app if you are wanting to snack without being hungry or going for a walk.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age as you! Only speaking for myself but the age component has not been a factor in my weight loss. I find if I track and exercise the rest falls into place. I think what a prior poster said about eating healthy and exercising becomes harder with jobs, kids, etc.
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you. I am 43, mother of 2 (17 and 9), and hold a very stressful job. Back about 6 yrs ago, I lost 80+ lbs and never looked or felt better in my life! I was working out 5+ days a week, running 3-5 miles at least 3 times a week. Even though I have slacked a bit on the exercise, I really think it is age, hormones, stress and whatever else goes on with our 40+ bodies! I now have about 40 lbs I want to lose to get back to where I want to be. My husband is a fitness buff (I actually met him in the gym!!) so motivation from him is not a problem. It is mostly finding the time to do so! Please add me and hopefully together we can accomplish this!!!
  • tlcrts
    tlcrts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Recommitting today! We all seem to be in the same spot with regards to our weight loss and fitness. We all just need to keep our heads up and push forward. If we fall, don't be gone for long, pick yourself right back up and begin again. Obstacles will come, but remember the feeling of power and achievement when you over come those hurdles. Strive for that feeling.
  • sark1971
    sark1971 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Constant struggle each day, but want to feel better again. I have 2 kids (16 & 12)
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't look back - only ahead. I'm finding great support on this site! I'm wishing you luck!
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be a friend and encourage you along. Its not easy fitting everything in but I am happy to cheer ya on. I am not sure that its so hard to lose weight because of my age (47) or the fact that life is just plain busy. Which ever it is, it isn't easy! I am half way to my goal!
  • flirtygirt
    flirtygirt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ive just rejoined mfp. Add me i would like to support you on your journey. I'm 47 yrs old to start with looking at losing 10lbs, eventually would love to lose 28lbs.
  • dollypno1
    dollypno1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just joined I'm over 40 and need to get rid of 40lbs need all the help I can get, so feel free to add me. I will like to really feel the fablousness of forty :)
  • nzMattO
    nzMattO Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lots of people looking back, then looking forward, hoping to improve things. My question is what are you going to do in order to achieve these goals?
  • MSVanscoy
    MSVanscoy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my daughter wrote me a letter . Telling me the ups and downs she is having in life . and she wrote something that I really didn't think about. .You look at a glass of water .. Some people would say the glass is half full and some will say it is half empty.. She says . Finish it off and fell it back up and start all over but take small sips and your get where your going at a better pas and better outcome ..
  • pianolady68
    pianolady68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just restarted my goals today and I need support too. I need to lose about 30 lbs total but I lack motivation to exercise. I teach 1st grade and by the time I get home I'm exhausted. Please feel free to add me, and we'll encourage each other to make our goals!
  • stevew_68
    stevew_68 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Im 46 with back problems. I used to be really fit in my younger days but with smoking ( which Ive stopped now ) and the types of jobs I've had, Ive piled the weight on and my back is getting worse as a result, so I joined MFP and Fitbit at the beginning of December, and so far I am amazed at myself and all the support I have received on here. So everyone, YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • pamd66
    pamd66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and I plan to continue my journey. I lost about 17lbs. in 2014. It is coming off slow, but I am patient. I'd rather it come off slow than fast. Good luck to you all.
  • Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend. I live in Australia and I am 46 with a husband, four boys (19 yro twins, 17. 14) I am a primary school teacher. Life is good but very busy and the weight keeps creeping up. I feel I need to make the time to eat well, sleep and exercise to be healthy and enjoy my life rather than make excuses for the weight gain. Would love some support and accountability. Helen
  • AggieRL
    AggieRL Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It does get harder with age! I have been logging in and lost a couple of pounds by just doing that but plan on going full force Monday when the kids go back to school and we are back into a routine. Feel free to add me as a friend!