Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

anxiety!

ok so....I have an anxiety disorder and it has a lot to do with my health! I have been successful in the past with lchf, but that was before high cholesterol diagnoses. Then I freaked and quit, Dr told me to continue, So after months I have decided to try again, and moved as well...no doc, no cholesterol meds..........SOOOOOOOOOO, when I saw the amount of fat I took in today, my heart started racing and I began to panic, lame I know. I cant help how my mind works. orever we are taught low fat...low fat...How much fat should I be taking in? The first time I did atkins I didn't keep track, maybe it was good for me not to see the numbers lol, thanks for listening to ramble as I calm myself lol....

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    You don't need to worry about the fat. Unless you have a rare condition, dietary fat will not cause your cholesterol to skyrocket. Fat is not the enemy they thought. Fat is good. It's tasty and works with the protein to fill you up.

Try to shoot for 20g net carbs (that is carbs minus the dietary fiber). Unless you'd prefer a higher number, but that depends on whether or not you are shooting to get into ketosis or not. Your protein should be between .8kg and 1kg per kg of your body weight. The rest should be fat. And fat should always be higher than your protein grams number. But it doesn't have to be hugely over it.

My protein macro range is between 68g and 86g. But I go over sometimes. I aim for my fat to be around 100g. But it varies depending on the day. Sometimes I go over and I'm not worried. Stay under your carb level, meet your protein macro (as it is a minimum), and try to get your fat to exceed your protein some.

Fat really is good for you. :)
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Fat is incredibly good for you! I can attest to that, I've lost over 65 pounds eating fat. Now I get looks like "she's going to be big as a house if she keeps eating like that!". HA! It's the carbs that are evil. Even though I'm maintaining now, I still keep the carbs low, under 30. I just feel better. Don't worry about how much fat you eat, just think of all the good it is doing you.
  • thank u both for commenting, feeling less anxiety lol hmmm, however even though I lost inches my first week...I didn't lose pounds only .5 everyone says you will lose lots of pounds first couple weeks.....???
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    You will lose bloat and water weight. Sometimes that shows on the scale, sometimes it shows in inches or the way your clothes fit, just like with PMS.