3rd week of November! check in

Options
13Strong
13Strong Posts: 502 Member
We want a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix... Thats why we do this.

Check in
Food
Exercise
Water

Replies

• 13Strong
    Options
    Soooo... I sliced my hand yesterday (failed in cooking cabbage, then got knife stuck... then ended up needing to go to ER) Whole new version of awesome!

It's my right hand, so maybe this will help me not mindlessly eat? (bad joke)

Anyway, goal is to survive till vacation then to just be mindful of what I'm consuming. :)
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Monday's Check in:

Hand, doing ok.

Breakfast - 1 egg, 3 tbs egg whites, 1/8th cup of cheese, 1oz sausage
    Lunch -Shredded Pork and salad
    Junk -Coby Jack Cheese (1.5oz), York peppermint patty, fun sized milky way
    Dinner - Tacos with ground turkey, cheese, peppers, and refried beans(x3)
    Overate by 300 calories.

Exercise - I walked during the day, but nothing formal

Water - 40z.

• sweetpea2820
    sweetpea2820 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Monday: I started out really well. I didn't finish my logging yesterday. First time in I don't know how long, I was in the red and gave up on the logging and to top that off I didn't exercise at all. Another first in I don't know how long. Slept well though, maybe I needed a break.

Tuesday: Breakfast: shredded wheat with raisins, milk and flax seeds.
    Lunch: I made tortellini and spinach soup
    Dinner:TBD

I did a ballet style workout this morning. Will do 1/2 hour of cardio tonight when I get home from school.

Working on the water.
  • sweetpea2820
    Options
    Wednesday: Had a great day today.
    Breakfast: shredded wheat & raisins
    Lunch: lettuce cheese sandwich, spinach smoothie and coconut yogurt and cherries
    Dinner: big salad and smile fries

I did an exercise video this morning. Was going to do a cardio workout tonight, but I feel like I am running out of time. November is almost over. With going to school and homeschooling my youngest I don't have the time to clean as I would like. Oh well I should quit whining :)

Have a great night all
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Sweetpea: Would you be able to do some type of exercise with your youngest as part of home schooling? Not sure how old, but most of physics can be physical - same with biology or just PE. I'm sure you've already thought of this, but some of my earlest memories of exercise was "jogging" with my father... (I'm sure he wasn't jogging at his pace, lol)
    -
    My Wednesday Check In
    Hand - It's hurting more due to the giant bruise it's pretty much become. :(

Food: Didn't track dinner. I'm sure I over ate on calories, BUT I'm getting better at not snacking on work junk, and my lunch and breakfast were heavy... I just read an article that SUGAR is a killer even in low fat / healthy processed foods.

Exercise: Nada. I know I need to start working out. once I get the stiches out, I plan to because I need to get my grip strength back for work

Water: 50oz. (Closer to 60!). Need 60-80 to be really healthy.

Hope you are having an awesome day today (Thursday). I leave for WI tomorrow so I'll be checking in via phone all next week. :smiley:
  • 13Strong
    Options
    mvj0t6hael7b.gif

CARBS - Carbs are often seen as "bad" but most of that is due to the carbs we eat and processed foods. Lots of processed foods are empty calories complete with sugars and chemicals are bodies don't need, but extend the life of the product and make it addictive (body will start craving more sugar).

Good carbs are in vegetables, whole grains, nuts, legumes, and fruit. For these carbs though, it's better to make a dish yourself from them, or go with labels with the most amount of natural ingredients (non-chemical) and least amount of sodium & sugar (preservatives). I'm not saying you have to make your own bread, but it's good to know what else is in that "whole wheat" bread that doesn't mold for over a month...
  • sweetpea2820
    Options
    Would you be able to do some type of exercise with your youngest as part of home schooling? I have, I guess it's the house stuff that is driving me nuts: like the dirty cupboards, floors etc. I got them done this morning though. :) Would like to make some banana bread before I go to school as well. Will see.

Thanks for the above info: it seems like a lot of people are against carbs, but if you eat beans, whole wheat, fruit etc I am getting carbs. I figure as long as they are healthy carbs I'm okay with that. I have to work harder on not eating the cookies, chocolate bars etc. The sugary junk food that I struggle with. :(

Breakfast I had shredded wheat and raisins.
    Lunch & Dinner TBD

Sorry about your hand stitches suck. Especially on your hand where it would be moving a lot. Have a great day
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Thought I checked in yesterday... Might have not posted. :(

Sweetpea - Glad you got things cleaned. Hopefully after the holidays things will seem a bit less busy for you. I think holidays add extra stress, even though they are a good thing!

Saturday
    - English muffin, 1 egg, bacon (bit of cheese)
    - Lunch - sandwhich and veggies
    - Dinner TBD

Exericse - On my feet, but nothing intentional. Hand sometimes hurts, sometimes is ok... Bahhh never wanting stitches again.

Water - Trying! Have a glass in front of me now.

I'm at the in-laws, so this week will be interesting. The guys are out hunting so it's just me and my mother in law. :smile:
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Oh, since I injured myself! Time for lots of vitamin and minerals to help that healing process!!!

y89zm79j3oql.jpg

kwuvjy32uvuh.png
  • 13Strong
    Options
    Finishing Saturday.
    Dinner - 2 glasses of wine, 1 slice of rump roast, 1 baked potato (with sour cream), 1 side salad, and a rocky road bar for dessert.

While at the in-laws, I'm probably not going to be 'healthy' and since a lot of the stuff is hard to calorie count, I'm just going to try to not ask for seconds...

Today so far:
    Breakfast - 2 slices of homemade french toast, 1 piece of goose sausage. Coffee with 1/4cup whole milk.
  • sweetpea2820
    Options
    So last night (saturday) I went out with some friends went for dinner had a nice salad. Then we went out dancing. Should have burned off a few calories.

Breakfast this morning I had shredded wheat with raisins.
    Lunch Dinner ???