I need like-minded MFP friends!

Options
jmhunter82
jmhunter82 Posts: 23 Member
Please add me! I did the Primal Blueprint 4 years ago and it worked. I got so cocky that I gained 3x more :( I am ready to get back on track and change my eating habits for life. BUT I need to surround myself with people that feel the same way :) thank you bunches.

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    We're here!!!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've been Primal/Paleo for over two years now and it's my permanent lifestyle. I enjoyed a lot of weight loss initially but my focus was, and remains, health. I have resolved many, many health problems just by eating healthy food. Yay.

I'm far from perfect but my one hard rule makes everything so much easier and keeps me from straying far or for long and reverting to sick/fat: "never cheat with wheat".
  • angelnorgaard
    angelnorgaard Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Welcome. I've been Primal/Paleo for over two years now and it's my permanent lifestyle. I enjoyed a lot of weight loss initially but my focus was, and remains, health. I have resolved many, many health problems just by eating healthy food. Yay.

I'm far from perfect but my one hard rule makes everything so much easier and keeps me from straying far or for long and reverting to sick/fat: "never cheat with wheat".

I'm still new to this.. What happens when you cheat with wheat?

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options

I'll let her answer for herself, but there are certain triggers for each person. My triggers include rice, sugar, and carbs (over 90g in a day). These seem to be "gateway" foods for me. They can trigger cravings and insatiable hunger, either the same day, or even the next day or two. With too many carbs (over 100 carbs in a day for more than two days in a row) I notice a real physical impact (pain, stiffness, insomnia, tiredness).

Oddly enough, wheat does not impact me as badly as rice does! Because of the concentrated carbs, though, I tend to avoid it anyhow.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options

I'll let her answer for herself, but there are certain triggers for each person. My triggers include rice, sugar, and carbs (over 90g in a day). These seem to be "gateway" foods for me. They can trigger cravings and insatiable hunger, either the same day, or even the next day or two. With too many carbs (over 100 carbs in a day for more than two days in a row) I notice a real physical impact (pain, stiffness, insomnia, tiredness).

Oddly enough, wheat does not impact me as badly as rice does! Because of the concentrated carbs, though, I tend to avoid it anyhow.

Speaking of insatiable hunger, I finally broke down and bought "It Starts with Food." The book had a good explanation as to how you can eat and eat and eat and still be hungry, with certain foods.
  • jmhunter82
    Options

Have you read the book?

• jmhunter82
    Options
    Thank you to those who have sent me a request!!! :)