AMRAP Workouts - And a week off before Stage 2?

Options
Hi guys,

Just finishing up stage 1 of NROLFW! Kind of of nervous about starting Stage 2 because some of the new moves seem kind of intimidating but before that..

I've done the AMRAP workout for Stage 1A already. I found that I had greatly increased strength which was awesome -- but I got really bored doing one long set. For instance, with the squats, I started out squatting just the bar. In the AMRAP workout, I got to 40 squats with just the bar. I probably could have kept going but I was bored.

Did anyone find similar? Did everyone take the full week off before Stage 2 as well? I don't really want to but if it's the best thing to do, I will. Any insight is appreciated!

Replies

• dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just saw this now :smile:

I didn't do the AMRAP workouts (naughty I know lol). I can't remember if I took a week off or not, but it really is up to you and how you feel. If you want to keep going through to the next Stage then go ahead. Just be aware that there will be a time when your body will need the break.

I do roughly schedule in weeks off every couple of months. I try and work them around things happening in my daily life, so next scheduled downtime is around Christmas, and will probably be 2 weeks due to a family holiday. But just because I won't have my gym doesn't mean I won't be doing anything :smile:
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Dazed--I thought I had read this question in the daily chat thread so I kind of responded there. Oops.

Anyway, I am also at the special workouts and so I re-read that section. I think the point of them is to show us how far we have come through stage one to help us with motivation as we jump into stage two. So I don't think it is designed to necessarily be an overly challenging workout. I did the first one today, and I was with you. It was boring. I ended up just finishing all of the exercises and then going for a run (which meant I didn't really do as many reps as possible, but I did see changes like I couldn't have done 40 squats with any weight at the beginning).

Since I am completing stage one at the same time as Thanksgiving, I am going to be nice to myself. If I decide that going to the gym is best, I will go. But if I decide that I need a break, I won't be too hard on myself if the excuse is kind of cruddy. So I am playing it by ear. :smile: