Maintaining weight while losing body fat, HELP!!!

Options
Hi guys and gals, okay so my name is Mike, I'm 27, and have been on the Primal Blueprint for around 8 weeks now and am loving it. I have lost 15lbs, and improved my work capacity through conditioning workouts, using KBs and BW, as well as strength training within those workouts. I also do abdominal workouts every day, and am in an active job where I walk the majority of the day, I also work lots of hours. I'm currently 200lbs and 26% body fat and was wondering if by staying on maintenance calories, whether it was possible to reduce my body fat, and maintain my weight.

Any hints, tips, comments, would be greatly appreciated, and my diary is open for those of you that want to have a look.

Many thanks in advance friends.

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I think it is possible with weight training if you keep your carbs low
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Keep lifting heavy and get yourself fat adapted - done by maintaining low carb. You don't need to be in ketosis to be fat adapted. I know the concept, which is seemingly easy but I love fruit and that keeps my carbs somewhat high.

Mark Sisson says the fat burning happens between 100 - 150 carbs per day... double check that because I just pulled that out of memory.

Good luck!
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    100-150 carbs is for maintenance. 50-100 is for weight-loss, and 0-50 is for ketosis (per primal blueprint).

I thought fat adapted was only for the Ketosis level though... I'm going to have to read that chapter again.