Best Paleo Recipes

wittybelle
wittybelle Posts: 19 Member
I am returning to paleo and I am looking for great recipes, especially breakfasts and desserts. Anything without tomato sauce would be a plus because I can't have acidic foods :-(

Replies

• ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Hello~ there are tons of Paleo blogger websites - one of my favorites is Nom Nom Paleo. Pinterest has lots of recipes too but be careful because people pin stuff that is not really Paleo but they think it is... or it can be Paleo if you know how to substitute the ingredients.

Your basic rule should be to pair a vegetable with a protein and cook it in a good fat. This is conducive to lots of soups and stews.
  • Surfingbodi
    Surfingbodi Posts: 161 Member
    Ty ortega! I am in need myself of some recipes and just joined Pinterest recently. Will go take a look plus the Nom Nom site.
  • wittybelle
    edited November 2014
    Just tried this blueberry crumble for dessert tonight. It was very yummy. Proud of myself for paleo dessert.
    http://paleogrubs.com/blueberry-crumble-recipe
  • wittybelle
    edited November 2014
    thank you ortega. I was kind of hoping for recipes people have tried personally. I have googled a few blogs adn never know if the recipe will actually taste good. Especially with the breakfast and the dessert since the mix of ingredients is not my usual. Is there a site that includes user ratings and paleo recepies?
  • lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    One of my favorite sites is www.theclothesmakethegirl.com. I have tried several of her recipes and loved all of them. Her mayonnaise and the dressings made from it are out of this world good. I have two basic breakfasts I switch out. First is your basic bacon, egg and vegetable combo. I have it with greens, zucchini, yellow squash or any vegetable you like really. Second I sometimes make a large sweet potato hash on the weekend and eat it all week long just adding scrambled or fried eggs to it. My basic recipe is 5-6 sweet potatoes cubed into bite size pieces, a bag of frozen chopped peppers and onions combo my grocery store sells (sometimes I chop fresh but the frozen is super easy and I always have it in my freezer), loose pork sausage. I brown the sausage, then scoop it out of the pan. Then I steam sautee the potatoes, peppers, and onions in the fat. Sometimes I season it savory with garlic, salt and pepper, sometimes I add cinnamon for sweetness. I love using the cinnamon with a hot sausage for the sweet hot combo. Once it is all cooked I mix the ground sausage back into the vegetables. Every morning I heat up a big scoop and add a couple eggs for an easy fast and delicious breakfast.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    lujo321 wrote: »
    One of my favorite sites is www.theclothesmakethegirl.com. I have tried several of her recipes and loved all of them.

Yes!
    And I have both Well Fed Cookbooks and they are wonderful. I'm not 100% paleo but I try to eat that way most of the time. Also did anyone mention Primal Cravings or Practical Paleo? Nice BIG books full of good stuff. :)

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    I heavily use Pinterest if I am stuck. But my own creativity is my best asset. Make things you like, and focus on protein and veggies.