Introducing Myself

bluelena
bluelena Posts: 304 Member
Hi, Piyo people! I thought I'd hop in and introduce myself, as I'm new to the group.

I'm a 43 year old happily single female in Houston, TX. When I'm not doing Piyo, I'm running with the Hash House Harriers (On On) and doing Turbo Jam. Sometimes I even run for fun in my neighborhood, but most of my running happens with the Hash.

Other than that, I like to travel and garden. New Orleans is my home away from home. I try to go somewhere new each year. This year it was Destin, FL (LOVE) and 2015 will be Montreal.

I use the TDEE - 20% approach as far as diet is concerned. This means that my calorie burns are already factored into my daily intake, so all of my calorie burns are logged as 1 calorie. I aim for 3 hours of "on-purpose" exercise per week. Logging it on MFP helps me keep that number in check. I have my macros set at 40/30/30 (carb/fat/protein).

I started Piyo about a month and a half ago with real gusto, then I had a recurrence of tendinitis in my foot, which made foot flexing unbearable so I rested for awhile. It also kept me from running, so now that I'm getting better, it's nice to be able to go back into the Piyo/running/Turbo Jam mix.

I became interested in Piyo because I was already incorporating Pilates and yoga into my routine. I had an iliosacral strain last summer and it was horrible. My chiropractor suggested Pilates for core strength and yoga for flexibility to help me heal and not re-injure myself. I like the blend that Piyo offers. It has also helped me with my running, so BONUS!

That, and apparently I will do anything that Chalene Johnson tells me to do. I have done a round of ChaLean Extreme, and while I'm not a huge fan of lifting weights, it didn't suck! I use Turbo Jam a lot, but sadly am too uncoordinated for Turbo Fire.

Nice to meet everyone... I hope to be active in this group as soon as I get back from the Thanksgiving holiday - I'll be in the middle of nowhere with no phone data service, so I'll be relying on spotty wifi for several days.

Replies

• bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    I should also mention that I LOVE to cook! It turns out I can eat just about whatever I want as long as I know what goes into it!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 423 Member
    bluelena wrote: »
    Hi, Piyo people! I thought I'd hop in and introduce myself, as I'm new to the group.

I'm a 43 year old happily single female in Houston, TX. When I'm not doing Piyo, I'm running with the Hash House Harriers (On On) and doing Turbo Jam. Sometimes I even run for fun in my neighborhood, but most of my running happens with the Hash.

Other than that, I like to travel and garden. New Orleans is my home away from home. I try to go somewhere new each year. This year it was Destin, FL (LOVE) and 2015 will be Montreal.

I use the TDEE - 20% approach as far as diet is concerned. This means that my calorie burns are already factored into my daily intake, so all of my calorie burns are logged as 1 calorie. I aim for 3 hours of "on-purpose" exercise per week. Logging it on MFP helps me keep that number in check. I have my macros set at 40/30/30 (carb/fat/protein).

I started Piyo about a month and a half ago with real gusto, then I had a recurrence of tendinitis in my foot, which made foot flexing unbearable so I rested for awhile. It also kept me from running, so now that I'm getting better, it's nice to be able to go back into the Piyo/running/Turbo Jam mix.

I became interested in Piyo because I was already incorporating Pilates and yoga into my routine. I had an iliosacral strain last summer and it was horrible. My chiropractor suggested Pilates for core strength and yoga for flexibility to help me heal and not re-injure myself. I like the blend that Piyo offers. It has also helped me with my running, so BONUS!

That, and apparently I will do anything that Chalene Johnson tells me to do. I have done a round of ChaLean Extreme, and while I'm not a huge fan of lifting weights, it didn't suck! I use Turbo Jam a lot, but sadly am too uncoordinated for Turbo Fire.

Nice to meet everyone... I hope to be active in this group as soon as I get back from the Thanksgiving holiday - I'll be in the middle of nowhere with no phone data service, so I'll be relying on spotty wifi for several days.

Lovely to meet you and thank you for your awesome introduction!

I'm a newbie runner and my goal for 2015 is to step out of my comfort zone and complete a 5k race. I love how PiYo helps to stretch me out after a nice jog or an elliptical session. I must admit this week has been a little off track with both my eating and PiYo, but I will get back on track this weekend. The goal is to finish PiYo by the end of December and start 21 Day Fix with my mom to help keep her accountable.

I also just became a Beachbody coach a little over a month ago to help keep myself accountable... How can I help others if I'm not helping myself, right? So far it's been such a rewarding experience and I can't believe I waited this long to start.

I'm glad to hear you love Chalene as much as I do. TurboFire was the very first BB program I did and it was a little much for my fitness level at the time, but I do still enjoy throwing a HIIT class in there for an extra burn. She is INSANE. I'd love to try ChaLean Extreme sometime.

Well welcome to our little group. I try to post weekly or when I come across a new DVD I haven't yet tackled. Tonight I am doing Hardcore on the Floor for the first time, so I'll try to carve out a new post for that! Feel free to post as you'd like :-)