May 29th

Options
Time for Plyo. And tomorrow it's recovery day again, so let's rock it today! :)

Replies

• Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Did pylo today too but was not quite up to it. I guess because it is the TOM. Thankfully tomorrow is recovery!!!
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Another day of Cardio Core & Balance, really enjoyed it yesterday apart from it making my obliques burn they were so sore afterwards.

Same again today, i'm using this week to perfect my diet for the next month, looking for recipes and convenience food which fits my aim of lowering my carbs to 150g a day.
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    Workout actually felt good this morning. Didn't push it as hard as I could have for two reasons. 1. I have been very blah lately and still didn't sleep much last night. 2. I have done something to my knee. I have been walking in the evenings and I think the shoes are wrong. So some of the quicker movements, suicide drills, I have to be careful so I don't injure it more.

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I felt I kicked butt this morning! The sweat was pouring. Left ankle is doing so much better. I definitely need to tighten my diet much more especially for the next phase of the program. I found myself slacking because I don't have that drive to see the scale drop any further so I am becoming more complacent. The number dropping on the scale was such a concrete goal & it was immediate. The goal of "looking better" for me is more elusive. I know I must do it. I think I will strive to lose an additional 5- 10lbs to give me some concrete goal to better focus on. Going to reset my ticker.
  • rafcon
    rafcon Posts: 11
    Options
    Looking forward to my workout tonight. The boards really help me as we all go through this together! Can't believe we are in week 4 already!! Good luck to everyone else as they eat right and workout today!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well, today's workout was a bit weak. First, my legs felt so heavy. Then, right after the first 3 circuits, my daughter woke up and I was forced to take a longer break. And my concentration was gone.

I'm so happy to see so many of you checking in! :) Congrats on completing your workouts!

Wffolkes, have you actually tried replacing Core Cardio&Balance with Max Interval Sports Training? I checked them out and the 2nd one lasts over 50 minutes and seems more intense to me.
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    Anyone else scared to go to month 2?

I know part of it is just the unknown, but part of me feels like I won't be able to hack it. LOL I know I am out of shape, but I push through and modify where I need to (belly gets in the way of doing some of it properly)...but the thought of a longer Insanity workout makes me wanna crawl in a ball..

I will do it though, I actually really enjoy the workouts once I get going (minus Plyo of course)
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I dread Plyo. My legs also felt heavy, I could tell I was retaining water from a meal yesterday. I just didn't have the drive today but I still was exhausted and sweaty by the end and felt proud that I got through it. Glad it's recovery tomorrow.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I'm getting nervous about Month 2. On one side, I'm looking forward to a change - on the other side I'm dreading the vision of working out at this speed for an HOUR. Once I see a 50 or a 60 on that ticker, I'll lose half of my energy before I even start, I'm afraid ;)
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    posted this in yesterday's thread by mistake...Just checking in...No INSANITY for me for the past week my ankle is still not great, I had a trip scheduled to my parents house for the holiday weekend, and ended up getting sick and I'm still sick now. Haven't been eating well or at all really. Gonna nurse myself back to health hopefully by the end of this week and I'll be back. I was thinking the same thing as aletadiana where INSANITY may not be a daily program for awhile. I have had great results just from the past 3 weeks (lost 8lbs) and I don't want to give the program up. I just have to see where my body is at next week and probably do a redo of week 3 and go from there. Great Job to all of you that are still pushing through you are my motivation! Awesome commitment.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I took a look at the Max interval circuit for month 2 & it overwhelmed me. I must admit so did the prospect of starting Insanity in the first place. I just will do the best I can. I am so glad I found this group. It helps to commiserate.
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I took a look at the Max interval circuit for month 2 & it overwhelmed me. I must admit so did the prospect of starting Insanity in the first place. I just will do the best I can. I am so glad I found this group. It helps to commiserate.

SNAP!
  • rafcon
    rafcon Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been feeling the same way, worried about month 2 but also compared it to starting the program in the first place. We can do it!

Tonight, about 1/3rd the way through the workout, felt something strange in my calf. It's been buzzing and sore ever since... took some ibuprofin. Hopefully it isn't anything serious. Been working through sore knees but tonight's pain felt a little different... hopefully rest tonight helps. Will know more tomorrow. Either way... going to continue to push through this week! Almost done with week 4!! Sounds like the cardio / balance week is more intense than I expected based on the previous post! I was almost counting on it being a slow week. :-/ Silly me.