Blood Ketones? Sweeteners?

Options
eraser51
eraser51 Posts: 63 Member
someone has an idea what gives?

I started atkins 1 year ago and drank 2 L water and 2 L diet coke each day... was heavy in ketosis (deep red).. after this year I just cant seem to lose weight anymore as fast as at the start...

tried upping protein, then upping fat (for nutriotional ketosis), then upping protein again (huge to 180g), now trying nutritional ketosis again.
just no idea how to get really high measurements...read multipled books over and over but no idea...

ratio is perfect with 1800kcal, 120fat 90protein usually... no treats usually

weight now is 133kg, 30 years, 186cm, male, BF 35%.

here are my measurements:

10.11 - 7 o.clock- 0,4 pepsi
11.11 - 7 o.clock- 0,4 water
12.11 - 16 o.clock- 0,8 water
13.11 - 17 o.clock- 1,3 pepsi
14.11 - 9 o.clock- 0,6 pepsi
15.11 - 15 o.clock - 0,4 cake
16.11 - 9 o.clock - 0,5
16.11 - 17 o.clock - 1,7 ( measured after eating)

17.11 7 o.clock- 0,4
19.11 - 11 o.clock- 0,7
19.11 - 15 o.clock 0,6
19.11. 7 o.clock- 0,3
19.11. 22 o.clock - 0,5
20.11 7 o.clock- 0,6

1 week only water:

25.11 - 0,8
27.11. - 0,7
27.11 - 1,1
28.11 - 0,3
28.11.-0,3

they just seem to drop instantly after eating and also stop burning fat somehow!?

what can I do?

Desperate here :/

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Very glad you posted this here. Hope someone can answer your question.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'd say what you're doing wrong has more to do with how you're gathering the data than what you're drinking.

You're not measuring at the same time every day. Your ketone levels fluctuate based on what your body needs, even on a minute by minute basis (as does blood glucose). If you want an accurate picture of your ketone levels to compare to each other, then you need to test at the same time every day (the most consistent likely being right when you get up in the morning, before you eat anything). Otherwise, you have far too many variables for those numbers to mean anything (time of day, time of last meal, composition of last meal, etc).

According to your diary, on the 25th, your food included a KitKat, which ran your carbs a little higher (and the last couple of days show a very high carb intake, in part for the same reason). These things will affect your ketone levels, too, and means that there is more at play here than just whether or not you're drinking diet soda.

That said, are you seeing any weight loss at all? You mention that you can't lose weight "as fast," but you don't say what your rate currently is. The very beginning of low-carb often sees dramatic weight loss due to dropping water weight and reducing glycogen stores. Given your weight, you may have been able to sustain higher levels of weight loss for a while, but as your weight comes down, so does your rate of loss, for a number of reasons. Weight loss is actually rather stressful on the body, and one of the reasons some people plateau is simply because the body needs a break. Often, eating at maintenance for a couple of weeks or even a month can help get the weight loss going again in the long run (it's kind of like how lifters deload for a week or three to break through a wall they've hit and continue progressing). However, keep in mind that 1-2lb a week is the safe average, and is the recommended rate at which to lose weight. The slower speed also means less excess skin, since it gives the body time to adjust.