Trying not to Binge

Options
Etherlily1
Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
I am frustrated from this morning's weigh-in, and I am really trying to control my eating habits right now. I have this little thought running through my head saying I could handle just one serving of pretzels - just don't have them for a snack later tonight. I know I won't be able to stop at that one serving. I have it in my house to try and learn how to have trigger foods around without going overboard with them. I am frustrated and a bit bored making me think about food and how good they would taste. Any time I eat I have thoughts of going on a binge with food, even when I am feeling full afterwards.

Replies

• kiwilibby
    Options
    I understand how you are feeling, I get this way often and sometimes give in and sometimes don't. It is AMAZING that you have been so good! Also, talking about it I find, helps stop me. I am slowly binge eating less (or a smaller amount) and that is down to me thinking about it. Don't get upset at yourself, you are doing great! I know what helps me is I put something into a container and then I let myself eat it all, and binge on it, but I am still not eating a whole bag, but I trick my mind into it. Also, I find delicious recipes to cook (paleo ones) and then focus on cooking them, thinking about it as a treat! This way I don't binge on bad foods.
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    {{{hugs}}}. Just remember how you will feel after eating them will you be satisfied? Will you be able to stop yourself? Remember how you react to this weigh in will impact your next. Remember the big picture
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. I managed to get through without a binge. I counted out the 41 pretzel sticks to a serving and stuck with them. Calorie wise I ended up right where I needed to be. You are right about how I react to this one impacting the next one and on it goes forming a cycle. Thank you both.
  • awesomekaty
    awesomekaty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on following through with your plan! That's really encouraging to see how you don't just have to have all or nothing, there can be a happy medium. I also like that you keep trigger foods around to learn to deal with them, that's a smart idea for living beyond the weight loss.
  • MarissaLaRea
    MarissaLaRea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A close friend of mine has issues with binging. Her thing was to just say no to it altogether. That was the hardest part for me when I would diet with her. I would sneak food and not say anything so that she wouldn't know, but I would feel so bad afterwards. You are so strong for doing this and I know that you will make it to your goal!
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    awesome for staying strong!!!
  • poojar13
    Options
    Such a great idea to turn to the forum when you felt the binge coming on. I need to do that as well...instead of being a hermit and secretly stuffing my face :( Great job on handling the situation!
  • MsMarvette
    MsMarvette Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Facing the real reasons for reaching for food is difficult. Way to go on making it through the fire!