Starting this program so close to the holidays

Options
Starting this program can be tough so close to the holidays and I completely understand! The struggle is REAL over here...my refrigerator is FULL and the temptation is so evident right now. I am looking forward to the new me. The best motivation is the physical results, especially when others start to give you compliments :)))) I'm ready to go at it...head first.

Can't wait to see this group grow with me in this journey.

Replies

• qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm waiting for my back to feel near 100% again (tweaked it this weekend). I've had this program sitting around for over a year now, and I've started it at least 5 or 6 different times. Each time I get into it, I love it but somehow fall off every time. Anyway, if I were to do the program as intended, I would finish it by my birthday... I really want to see what the results would be in that timeframe!!! When are you starting? Have you already started? Good luck!
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    qhiggins86 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm waiting for my back to feel near 100% again (tweaked it this weekend). I've had this program sitting around for over a year now, and I've started it at least 5 or 6 different times. Each time I get into it, I love it but somehow fall off every time. Anyway, if I were to do the program as intended, I would finish it by my birthday... I really want to see what the results would be in that timeframe!!! When are you starting? Have you already started? Good luck!

Well I have had a few people say that they're in, but nothing really too solid. I would love if we could do it together. I promise to be your strength when you are weak lol. Hopefully. :smiley:

So the real question is - when is your birthday? (sense you want to have this completed by then....if you even decide to do it)
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I've decided to not set myself up for failure. I'm waiting until thanksgiving dinner is gone ..or at least until decide to throw all this food away. Key to success is is to set reasonable goals.
  • qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My birthday is March 1st. I'm down to start it, and my back is a lot more mobile today than it was yesterday. I could perhaps start it this week, and I was considering Saturday since I have to travel for work on Thursday and Friday. What do you think? :smiley:
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    How about Monday? :smiley: ..I'm sure all the Thanksgiving food will be gone by then && we can start at the beginning of the week. I consider Monday by day 1 instead of Sunday
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Monday is great for me. It gives me time to find the program.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I tweaked my back as well, so I've been in recovery the past few days. Not feeling great about skipping workouts.

As for me - I will be doing BR along with Insanity and rowing on my machine. I'm trying to keep it as diverse as possible, but we'll see what will happen. :) I've decided this time around to not take it too seriously if I skip a workout - life happens :)
  • beautifulciera
    edited December 2014
    Options
    demarii06 wrote: »
    Monday is great for me. It gives me time to find the program.

Monday is GREAT! I'm going shopping this weekend to make sure I have everything I need for my 7 day kickstart - this is optional for the program..but Jillian says that you're guarenteed to lose one pants size in a week, so I'm going to go for it.

Finding the program is best on Ebay or maybe Amazon - anywhere is else is way too expensive
  • beautifulciera
    edited December 2014
    Options
    izu87 wrote: »
    I tweaked my back as well, so I've been in recovery the past few days. Not feeling great about skipping workouts.

As for me - I will be doing BR along with Insanity and rowing on my machine. I'm trying to keep it as diverse as possible, but we'll see what will happen. :) I've decided this time around to not take it too seriously if I skip a workout - life happens :)

You sound like my friend Juliet. I remember one time we all got in a accident where my bf had fell asleep behind the wheel and we went straight for the foods. my bf has a black eye, I have a broke leg, she has a messed up shoulder, and one other guy slashed his head on glass I think... the only thing she was upset about was the physical therapist told her she couldn't workout for a few weeks lol. She's a fitness freak! But she's an inspiration to me as well. What's most important is your health, and you don't want to make things worse.

Praying that you get better :):)
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    izu87 wrote: »

I know how you feel. I just finished Phase 1 on BR last Saturday and then did Workouts 5 & 6 Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I woke up with the flu. I'm feeling better today, but I might wait until Monday to start back up again, just to make sure I'm 100% better, and on Workout 6 she does a superset of ab work and since I've been quite naseous lately, I rather not throw up while doing that since I was perfectly fine and felt like throwing up after it. lol But I feel awful about not working out. I'm all butt hurt because now I'm behind a week and I feel useless sitting around the house. But I'm one of those people that always has to be doing something and can't just sit there. Yesterday I sat on the couch and watched Jem and the Holograms on Netflix all day and it drove me crazy because I wasn't doing something.