December Chat

Options

Replies

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    ok, I may not be able to move tomorrow - but I did it! I survived all 60 minutes of the spin class. Whew! It actually felt great.

Wow, good for you. All I did was put together a piece of furniture yesterday which meant lots of bending and squatting, and I am so sore today that I can barely move. *sigh* I guess that really says more about the shape I'm in than it does the condition of my back problems. Talk about feeling "Old". But only my body, not my mind.
    Once I can move, I know it will be a great day. Keep up the great work, ya'll.
    Janet

• JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I'm in awe Kathy! Congratulations.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I have finally rejoined the living. Been very sick for the last week and was traveling for 10 days before that. Hope to get all caught up next week and logging again.

I loved the MEM about Jim :)
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    welcome back, retirehappy ... so sorry to hear you were sick! Glad you are on the mend.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome back .... Hope you are feeling better x
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Upside of stomach issues, I did go down and so far I am staying there.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    What a great poster!

7q4a6obd4fb4.jpg
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Mmmm, Wooken3! I'll be checking out some of these. Tx
  • Wooken3
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Since we'll be RVing for the last two weeks of December and not sure about internet connection, I'm posting this now. Merry Christmas everyone!

christmas-tree.gifSung to the 12 Days of Christmaschristmas-tree.gif

♪♩♫ On the 12th Day of Christmas MFP friends gave to me,♫ ♬♭
    12 dudes I'm blocking,builder-smiley-emoticon.gif
    11 friends just watching,tv_smiley_02.gif
    10 corny topics,eat-corn.gif
    9 busted log-ins,computer_destroy_smiley.gifcomputer_destroy_smiley.gifcomputer_destroy_smiley.gifcomputer_destroy_smiley.gifcomputer_destroy_smiley.gifcomputer_destroy_smiley.gifcomputer_destroy_smiley.gifcomputer_destroy_smiley.gifcomputer_destroy_smiley.gif
    8 friends complaining,t0111.gift0111.gift0111.gift0111.gift0111.gift0111.gift0111.gift0111.gif
    7 stalkers stalking,dance-smiley12.gif
    6 friend invites,computer_smiley6.gifcomputer_smiley6.gifcomputer_smiley6.gifcomputer_smiley6.gifcomputer_smiley6.gifcomputer_smiley6.gif
    Fiiiiiiiiiiiiive Drama Queeeensssss,viking.gifviking.gifviking.gifviking.gifviking.gif
    4 recipes requests,p0118.gifp0118.gifp0118.gifp0118.gif
    3 photo links,p0127.gifp0127.gifp0127.gif
    2 friends-a-liking
    animated-feeling-smiley-image-0094.gif
    and a creep who won't stop messaging meeee! animated-computer-smiley-image-0035.gif
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    very cute Wooken!
  • DamitJanit
    Options
    christmas-tree.gifSung to the 12 Days of Christmaschristmas-tree.gif

I love it. I guess I'll be humming the tune all day now but I want to learn these words. Have a great Christmas.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Happy trails, Wooken and thanks for the song.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    fireplacexmas.jpg
  • DamitJanit
    Options
    I finished my last two gifts on my shopping list today. Yes, I am retired and waited until the last Saturday before Christmas, to get out there with the mobs. That's what being lazy got me. But I've been much better about exercising this week so I'm pleased with that.
    I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and for all of us I wish a happy and healthy New Year.
    Janet
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    I'm with you, Janet. I got everything done yesterday and now have enough cash left for about one batch of Christmas cookies - which is probably a good thing - since it'll be those little ball shaped ones with confectioners sugar and pecans. (maybe I shouldn't be introducing visions of such things here) Anyway, I really feel good about my ability to limit myself to one or two this year.

Yes - let me chime in - Merry Christmas, Hannukka, and whatever Holidays you're all celebrating!
  • DamitJanit
    Options
    I'm not a baker but always enjoy making cookies at Christmas. The problem is, I also love to eat them. I have all the ingredients but have resisted making any this year. I feel my willpower to not bake is stronger than my willpower to not eat. >:) I could always make a kind that don't tempt me as much, but what is the fun in that? So no cookies at my house this year. I hope you all do a good job of resisting the things you know you shouldn't eat.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Good Morning from our little RV now parked in San Diego. We are enjoying seeing San Diego all dressed up for Christmas with our Granddaughter -- 20 yrs.

Unlike Christmas' passed, I am paying attention to what I'm stuffing in my mouth!! Santa will NOT be bring me 10-pounds of fat this year!! The Cook prepared and froze a bunch of meals for our stay that is now in the Granddaughter's refrigerator. And the RV is full of good things for breakfast and lunch, so the goal is Healthy Eating!!

Wishing Everyone a Season of Good Choices!!

~w
  • NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I found you via DamitJanet - thanks for telling me about this group. This is a very hard time of year for me. My boyfriend doesn't do Holidays and I've learned that it's easier to go along with him than to listen to constant criticism about it. We will have a Holiday breakfast with my children & grandchildren at my daughter's house on the 28th. I am looking forward to my journey here on MFP and in this group. I'm 66 and the goal is to lose 70 lbs. Also want to improve my stamina so I can be active again and maybe find a friend to do things with. A joyous holiday to all of you!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, NEKrebel! Wishing you merry and healthy holidays ~ Kathy
  • DamitJanit
    Options
    Welcome NEKrebel, I'm glad you found the group. I know you will be successful on your journey. At our age, we are smart enough to know that it takes time and perseverance. There are so many great people here to support and give suggestions. Just log your intake daily and be more active and you will be shocked at the results. Oh and of course, eat at a deficit.
    Have a great Christmas even while living with "Scrooge". lol

Janet from Myrtle Beach, SC