Getting back on track

Options
I took last week off. I didn't exercise, I ate everything in reach and I ignored MFP.

And now I'm over it and looking to get back in the game.

Any good tips for how to jump start being healthy again? I'm still feeling rather lazy.

Replies

• MarissaLaRea
    MarissaLaRea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Go for a long walk or drink a few glasses of water. That seems small, but it motivates me. I love to walk and go on hikes, so it is rewarding for me.
  • awesomekaty
    awesomekaty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's a really great idea. At lunch today at work I sent on a walk around town and it cleared my mind and made me feel productive. I just wish it wasn't winter or I'd be out and about more.

Thanks again for the pep talk!
  • MarissaLaRea
    MarissaLaRea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I definitely know the feeling. I went on a hike the other day and I thought I was going to freeze, but my body got used to it after being outside for a bit. And no problem sweetie, that's what I am here for! I need support as well, so I offer any advice that I can.
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    drinking lots of water helps as well as peeling yourself up out of the chair and forcing yourself to move. Yes I peel myself up quite frequently
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Same - 3 days of being a sloth and not eating to plan. Lets get going again! Could it be related to the shorter days? Less sunlight? Cold temperature?
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Mood is absolutely impacted by sunlight. If you think it is then look into getting an LED full spectrum sunlight bulb for each room in the house.

As for cold temps, it gets pretty cold here removing most outdoor trips unless it is one of our weird days where it's in the sixties or upper fifties. I have a small apartment, but I do all of my running in the apartment between the thirty feet from the dresser in the bedroom area to the couch in the living area. I just go back and forth until I am done. Other things I do is to pick a vigorous cleaning activity and go at that for a bit.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've been setting small daily goals that are realistic. I've also been keeping track of how well I do meeting those goals. If you are feeling unmotivated, start small. Just get started. Often you'll do a little more. Even a little exercise elevates the mood and rather than say, taking on the gym for a full-on workout, take a walk or something like you did during your lunch hour. It's amazing how little things can start the ball rolling again...sometimes you just need to give it a little nudge to get it going.