My Challenges for December 2014 - feel free to join in on the fun!

Tripaway
Tripaway Posts: 71 Member
Hey all! I'm setting up some weekly, monthly, and seasonal challenges that I'd like to share with you guys - and if anyone wants to join in and do these challenges as well, the more the merrier! It'll at least give us something in common to talk about on this rather inactive board...

I'm working on planks for the month of December, so this week's challenge is as follows:

For the week of December 1-7 I plan to do a total of 6 minutes, 45 seconds throughout the week:
Monday 45 seconds
Tuesday 60 seconds
Wednesday 60 seconds
Thursday 60 seconds
Friday 90 seconds
Saturday rest
Sunday 90 seconds

Additionally, for the month of December I am going to organize a snowball fight with some friends and post the photos online - I encourage you to do the same! Share the link(s) to your photographs so we can all see what fun you've all had with your friends, kids, grandkids, etc. I really wish MFP support photo comments so no one would have to see the photos via an external site...perchance to dream...

So far for the week I am right on schedule - 45 seconds of planks this morning...not sure how to pass the time whilst planking, as it's rather boring staring at the floor until the timer goes off. How do YOU pass the time while planking??

Best of luck during the holiday season to you all,

~ Jared

Replies

• Tripaway
    1zen3aeghjx0.jpg

Well look at that! You CAN post photo comments!

This photo is of myself, my wife (Daneen), and my son (Oliver) :o
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    December is a tough month for me to keep a regular schedule for workouts. My goal is to get 3 workouts in a week, at least 2 weight sessions.

Haven't done a plank in months. I did them for 30-days, before I started lifting, to strengthen my core. I'll join you for a daily 60 second plank just for fun. Planks can be boring but it's only a minute. Sccoby has youtube videos on plank variations.
  • Tripaway
    Yeah, it's only a minute, but ultimately my goal is to be up to 5 minutes by the end of the month. What on earth can I do for 5 minutes? Haha - I guess I'll place a book on the floor or something...good luck to you!
  • loulamb7
    I was shaking like a leaf after 30 seconds last night but made to 60. Try watching youtube on your phone to pass the time.
  • Tripaway
    Made it up to a minute today...abs a bit sore, some lower back pain until I realized I was using my back to support myself in lieu of my abs. Once I redistributed the weight I felt the burn where I ought, so yay for that.

I did a weigh-in this morning, which I forgot to do on Monday, and let's just say I'm not happy with the number just yet. 189.0, and the goal is currently 170.0 lbs., so yeah, I've got a bit to go.

Lame...
  • loulamb7
    Did 75 seconds last night. Goal 75 again tonight.

You don't have a lot to lose. Slow and steady and you'll get to your goal.
  • Tripaway
    Yeah, I should have clarified: the FIRST goal is 170 - I'd like to work in small chunks so it seems more manageable. The ultimate goal is 150, but I don't like the idea of trying for 40 pounds right off the bat, haha. 20 pounds seems more do-able. I should probably just work in 10-pound increments, but whatever...still at a minute of planks, feelin' that burn! Tomorrow I tackle 90 seconds...I'm scared...
  • loulamb7
    Tripaway wrote: »
    Yeah, I should have clarified: the FIRST goal is 170 - I'd like to work in small chunks so it seems more manageable. The ultimate goal is 150, but I don't like the idea of trying for 40 pounds right off the bat, haha. 20 pounds seems more do-able. I should probably just work in 10-pound increments, but whatever...still at a minute of planks, feelin' that burn! Tomorrow I tackle 90 seconds...I'm scared...

I did the same when I started. Would have been happy to knock of 15 lbs but the weight came off relatively easy so I kept going.

Been away on short family vacation and haven't kept up with the planks. Back at it tomorrow.

• DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    I wish I had seen this. This board has been so inactive so long. Maybe I can get in next week.
  • loulamb7
    Trip started a Second Week Challenge under a new post. No reason to wait until next week.
  • Tripaway
    Yeah! Come on Derek - the more the merrier! so far it's loulamb and I holding down the fort...