loosing body fat/muscle

ChrystalJADE94
ChrystalJADE94 Posts: 11
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Hi. I'm new to this program. I have a question. I'm 20 .I'm 5'7 and I think I'm 165...maybe less...IDK....I don't have a scale LOL :D but I think I'm less than that.....If you see me I'm not overweight.... Maybe 160?? IDK MOVING ON: I'm trying to loose weight. But I noticed that when I work out I tend to grow muscle QUICK! My legs are tight and thicker than I want. I want to loose weight. I want to be "within the healthy weight range for my age and height" but it seems that I don't loose weight but gain muscle which is weird. I want to loose 10-20 pounds but like I said I can't seem to loose weight. I want to be thinner. I want to be like a size 8. I know my body type and I know I will never be like a 4 LOL. I'm not looking to be "skinny". I like my curves but I just don't want to be a 12 (Its hard to shop for a size 12 LOL) How can I loose weight? Am I eating too much protein? Starch? Salt? Water? Carbs? Meat? Something else? IDK..

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    Mmm... to achieve your goals, you want to stick with a calorie deficit and cardio exercises - no weight training. However, I think if you lose weight overall, even if you grow a little muscle in your legs, as long as you lose fat there too they'll still be thinner. I recommend taking measurements! You might have to give it more time though, just in case the fat lost from your legs is one of the last places (and even if you happen to grow a bit more muscle - which you probably won't too much with this style of exercise/eating).
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    I agree with the person above... don't complicate things, just stick to a calorie deficit. Find what foods work well with you in keeping you satiated. And when you exercise, eat back at least some of your exercise calories so you're not in too big of a calorie deficit. A deficit that is too large is basically a recipe for a binge later on. As for your legs, mine tend to 'bulk' if it has been a long time since I exercised and go too hard. It's just water weight.
  • thx for the info. I have been jump roping for a month now for the purpose of cardio. I usually try to do 1200-1500 jumps a night. I always wanted to run but I can't because of 1) where I live(I'll get harrassed and kidnapped :/) 2 I can't run properly due to my fallen arches. 3) I can't afford gear nor treadmills. Can you guys recommend some different cardio exercises.
  • VeryKatie
    Lots! Since running isn't your thing, maybe home workout DVDs, kick boxing, step, spin, walking, dancing. Even lifting those 3lb weights repetitively is actually cardio. Do you have access to a gym? If so, stair climbers (or use stairs in your place), ellipticals, cross trainers... etc.
  • Unfortunately I can't afford a gym. lol. I'm trying to tell you guys that I'm dirt poor. lol. I personally don't want to do DVDs because I don't want to depend on them. Sometimes DVDs will get scratched or they'll stop working, you know...then what.LOL. But dancing?hmm.. I do have some Xbox dance games and I could just fast walk not run. Wish I could bike though but its so cold. lol. Thx for the info. Your very helpful. I'll try some of these things. :smiley:
  • VeryKatie
    edited December 2014
    Oh, sorry, by DVD's I meant You-tube hahaha. I spent 2 years not going to the gym and never actually bought any fitness supplies other than shoes and shorts. So it's definitely do-able. I may not be dirt poor, but only because I am so cheap!
  • LOL. I'm cheap because I'm dirt poor....lol...I have tried some youtuber's suggestions like how to tone your "side abs" or whatever they are called..lol. Sometimes its overwhelming because there are so many different trainers with different opinions. Like for example some people say that side bends are great but this one guy said that because side abs are in an angle and not straight up and down, its best to twist and not to bend. So I guess I have to find out what best works for my body type. I know that side bends DO NOT. They make my love handles bigger than thinner. Oops. LOL But thx for the info.
  • vhowru
    vhowru Posts: 72 Member
    Good for you on using youtube I am currently 126 and want to lose fat to be at 123