How's everyone getting on?

Options
Ellevated
Ellevated Posts: 192 Member
Hi everyone,

I notice it's been a bit quiet in this group lately. I know the state of your health can dictate how often you go online (amongst other things) but just in case there's anyone out there also wanting to chat, I'm about!

I'm doing well at the moment: not particularly, on the weight-loss front, but with CFS. I went for a walk at the weekend and got some disgusting blisters from it- at least 7, and 3 of them were frighteningly big... I haven't been able to put shoes on since! The actual walk itself was a real accomplishment, though.

My hubby is going away on business for a week in June and I'm worried my weight-loss efforts will go out of the window, as they did when he had to go away for a week about a month and a half ago! Anyone else needing extra support?

How's everyone doing in general?

x

Replies

• MarjorieStevens
    MarjorieStevens Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Yesterday we went to the grocery store and the library and by the end I wasn't feeling very well at all. I get very overwhelmed rather easily. I start physical therapy on my right knee at the beginning of June so I hope that will help the major part of my pain in my right leg. Today is a new day though and my pain seems to be in my upper back and neck it's a dull ache. I'm going walking with my friend later today after my GI doctor's appointment. That should be fun!

~MEBS
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Eee, I'm a bit late clocking this thread. Sorry about that.
    I've been quite selfish over the last couple of months. I was extremely ill for the first few months of the year and when I started feeling better I got a bit carried away with me-time. I've just had a wonderful week where I managed to get up at a decent time every single day, and stay up to watch a movie a couple of times, AND go for my regular dog walks, and squeeze in a little yoga. I can't even describe how deliriously thrilled I am about how great I've felt this week.

I know it can't last and I'm making sure not to over exert myself but sweet stars above, don't you just love getting a good day followed by another good day?!
  • Ellevated
    Options
    Hello,

Yesterday we went to the grocery store and the library and by the end I wasn't feeling very well at all. I get very overwhelmed rather easily. I start physical therapy on my right knee at the beginning of June so I hope that will help the major part of my pain in my right leg. Today is a new day though and my pain seems to be in my upper back and neck it's a dull ache. I'm going walking with my friend later today after my GI doctor's appointment. That should be fun!

~MEBS

Hi, how is the physical therapy going on your knee? Did everything turn out alright at the GI doctor's appointment?
  • Ellevated
    Options
    Eee, I'm a bit late clocking this thread. Sorry about that.
    I've been quite selfish over the last couple of months. I was extremely ill for the first few months of the year and when I started feeling better I got a bit carried away with me-time. I've just had a wonderful week where I managed to get up at a decent time every single day, and stay up to watch a movie a couple of times, AND go for my regular dog walks, and squeeze in a little yoga. I can't even describe how deliriously thrilled I am about how great I've felt this week.

I know it can't last and I'm making sure not to over exert myself but sweet stars above, don't you just love getting a good day followed by another good day?!

I wouldn't say that you are being selfish at all. You need to put yourself first before you can take care of others. ME/CFS forces you to do that. I'm glad that you found you were able to do more recently. It sounds like what you have been doing is just what you needed. Is the good spell continuing?
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    is there anybody out there??