Help!!

Options
kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am craving homemade peanut brittle like crazy!!!!! But I have diabetes, so the sugar/carbs would not do me any good!! I need a sugar free low carb version!!

Replies

• deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    kamaperry wrote: »
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am craving homemade peanut brittle like crazy!!!!! But I have diabetes, so the sugar/carbs would not do me any good!! I need a sugar free low carb version!!
    Kama;

Sorry, but I can't help with the PB question (born "lucky" - "sweets" were never one of my (many other) vices <G>), but....

I do know where you might find the answer.

Took a quick look at your diary and it appears to me that (intentionally, or not), you are well on the way to adopting a low carb lifestyle (at least for the last few days).

I'm not T2D (officially) but my FIL is, and my last checkup was scarey (IR levels) so I spent a whole bunch of hours looking into "low carb" and decided to give it a whirl.

I'll not bore you with the details, don't deal well with the "reformed smokers syndrome" and refrain from preaching the best I can, but, for the life of me I can't understand why ANY T2D wouldn't, at least, seriously consider it.

Months of "begging" my FIL to look in to LC have convinced me that it's not likely to happen any time soon but then again he's 88 years old and the poster boy for "set" in his ways.

That aside, if you (or anyone else) would like to learn more (or get answers to specific questions you might have regarding the various "forms" of LC (NO, it's NOT all "atkins") - I'd suggest taking a trip over to the Low Carbers Daily Group and poking around.

There are a number of T2D's who've blazed the trail ahead of you and while not all members are T2's, most have a pretty good understanding of why the benefits of LC are even MORE important to T2's than they are to those of us "on the edge" or just interested in a healthy lifestyle.

It's free, a great bunch of people and I can promise you'll be welcomed with open arms (and, I'm almost willing to bet that someone will be able to answer your original question)

Here's the link - when you get there, scroll down past the (long) list of "stickies" (they're outdated and in the process of being revised) and take a look around. Hope to see you there:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I did a quick search for 'sugar free peanut brittle' and several options came up. You can use the nutrition facts label to help you decide how much to eat. Let us know how it works out for you. ~Lynn /Glucerna