Off to a good start

Options
kcd1961
kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
After about 18 months on 5:2, and getting down from 103 to 92 before getting stuck (stable for 12 months despite going to 4:3). Since starting to track on non-fast days I have started losing again and now down to 88.1. I've now switched back to 5:2 and decided to use MFP set at maintenance to keep on track. Wondering whether others set their goal at maintenance or at their goal loss when using MFP. Although the idea of 5:2 is not to track on non-fast days, that simply doesn;t work for me. I can easily eat way too much. Wondering what others do,

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I track every day and also have my cals set to maintenance. 5:2 without tracking only works for people, that have good portion control. Me, I'm still a foodie. Weighing my portions and tracking my cals, keeps me on track. If I don't, I maintain or gain slowly.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I track every day and have for over 18 months. It helps me keep non fast days from creeping up which is still possible. I also use the reports when i hit plateau or gain a few pounds.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Oh and i keep my calories set to me net goal. It is a mind game with me.