Intro - Middle Aged Lady with Belly - Hoping to LOSE it

Options
Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 54, mother of 4 teenage girls, and.....my weight fluctuates greatly. I have gained 10 lb since June to an (almost) all-time high of 195. (I am 5'8"). I eat to reduce bad stress, and to celebrate good stress. Is there anyone else out there in my boat? Suggestions? I want to start NOW so i don't gain another ten over Christmas. Trying to get my head back in the game.
Many thanks!
D

Replies

• moonlightdesigns
    Options
    Hi D,

I'm 50, have a stressful job (printing-yuck!) and have just topped out at my highest weight ever. Recently I feel like I have a lot of upper belly fat, which I know is from stress. I have gained and lost up to 70 lbs throughout my adult life.

I work hard every day to not take my job seriously (it's ink on paper, not the trauma center!) I've gotten better at it lately, then again, I started taking Wellbutrin recently. Life is good!

Today is my 4th day without sugar, flour, starchy vegetables or soda. I lost 4 pounds!!!! I feel great, I have a lot more energy than I had 5 days ago. I did have 2 days of headaches when I first quit. My stomach feels flatter. I know the carbs are poison to me and I run straight to them when my trigger gets pulled.

It sounds like we're in a similar situation. I think about food a lot. Lately, when I start thinking about food at work I find a reason to get up from the computer and take a proof to a csr or whatever, just to get up for a little walk. It takes my mind off of the food (and I get a little exercise).

Take it easy!

Anne