Beginner :)

Options
buket1819
buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
Hey there :) Im a female and I have lost weight before on very low calories, so they put me on hospital and I had to gain weignt because of health problems and I kept gaining after that. Now I am 180 lbs and 170 cm. I want to do it right this way and I want to start weightlifting. But Im just very confused right now, what should my deficit be and what should I do as weighlifting? Can you recommend a sample routine? Thanks a lot :) xx

Replies

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Have a look at this to calculate your macros/deficit; http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

There are tonnes of lifting routines you can do; have a look online and just pick one you think you will enjoy to begin with. You can always move on to more advanced routines as your knowledge and confidence improve. As a suggestion; 5X5 Stronglifts is really popular right now and it's quite easy and simple to follow.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I second finding your TDEE via the IIFYM.com calculator or via this post(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets). They'll be similar, just depends on if you want to do some reading and your own math or just input your numbers. I personally used the MFP link for my own calorie goal.

For weight lifting, there are tons of programs out there, for example:
    Starting Strength
    New Rules of Lifting/New Rules of Lifting for Women
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Strong Curves
    And a plethora of options on bodybuilding.com

I would agree with the previous poster to pick one that looks enjoyable to you and run with it. If you get several weeks in and find yourself not enjoying it, you can definitely find a different one to follow.

I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women and then switched to Stronglifts because I got bored with NROLFW. I have had friends who love NROLFW though, so it's all about your personal preference.