Thank you for the invitation

Options
chatogal
chatogal Posts: 436 Member
Hello everyone, Thank you for the invitation. My name is Julie, I am a Canadian/Brit married to a "pure" Canadian:wink:
We are now living in the UK? He is a teacher, I am a midwife. Suffering through the menapause as stoically as I can....but boy, I can ***** about those darned flashes!!! I have 4 adult children....youngest daughter is busy driving me demented planning her wedding, one adorable grandson and a step-grandson on the way :smile:

Anyway, working hard to get to normal bmi in a way I should find sustainable for the future, hope I can be a worthy member of your group:laugh:

Replies

• kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes, Julie. It sure sounds like you're in the right place! I'm just checking in. We're in the middle of two graduations, several birthdays, our anniversary and a host of other distractions. I'll offer a proper introduction later. Welcome!

And we're getting a *new* rescued dog tomorrow! I won't have to cry every time I see Seehe's puppies!

Cheryl/Kobie
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Welcome Julie,

I am a teacher with five children ranging from 30 to 7. The last two of which are still at home one of which graduated this year and the other finished up first grade.

This is a very supportive group of ladies that keep each other striving and laughing,

Tammy
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I am an Office Administrator. Between my husband and I we have 4 grown children and 5 grand kid's. I agree with Tammy about the support you will find in the group. Even if you go MIA like I did for a couple of months they are here to welcome you back!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie- welcome! I think you will find this to be a very supportive group:-)

Hey Cheryl- congrats on getting a new pup!!! Email me some pics when you get it and I'll post them for ya cause I know everyone, including me, is gonna wanna see him/her :-)
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Julie,

Welcome to the MADHatters... I agree with every word the other ladies have said. You will find amazing support with this wonderful group of ladies. Just like Cheryl said, its been a busy time for us all, but the one thing I know and feel so blessed by, is that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I can log in here (when I finally have strength) and know that someone will be here, will have said something previously or will respond soon with "just the words I need"

Thank you Hatters! I love you all

Julie, again, welcome, you are in VERY good company.