After a 6 day binge...I'm back c=

Options
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum..
Basically I lost 38 pounds in a short amount of time then began to binge like crazy which gain 5.8 of the pounds back D;
So after what has been a 6 day binge, I want on vacation. I'm back to dieting.
I fasted yesterday just to cleanse my system but I think I might fast again today..
Do you guys ever fast after long binges? I think I might do a 3 day fast because it's half the amount of days I binged for but I haven't decided yet. Is it unhealthy to do a 3 day fast once a month?

I just want to fast to gain the self control that I lost back. I want to beat the binges c=

Replies

• FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    A fast doesn't help me recover...it just sets me up for binge/fast/binge/fast cycles. Would imagine it would be heathier and easier to recover by eating "normally" for weight loss...20%ish under your TDEE. Usually I binge on unhealthy food, so my body needs some nourishment...so I feed it healthy food in healthy portions.

Good luck! You will get back on track!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Don't fast anymore! You can't undo today's fast and you might be fine, but definitely try to eat as normally as possible tomorrow, as though the binge never happened. Otherwise you're setting up the binge-fast cycle and that's NOT somewhere that you want to go!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Rather a silly idea to fast after binging, all you will do is set yourself up for more binges, and teach yourself that you need to somehow be punished for overeating. How do you expect to ever find any degree of normalcy around eating if you get stuck in a binge fast cycle ? My suggestion is to just get back to normal, as it was before the binges, and your body will soon deal with the excess. The only fasting I support is intermittent fasting and that is not something done in response to binge behaviour, but rather as a different timing of meals that can have a positive impact on body composition.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    A fast doesn't help me recover...it just sets me up for binge/fast/binge/fast cycles. Would imagine it would be heathier and easier to recover by eating "normally" for weight loss...20%ish under your TDEE. Usually I binge on unhealthy food, so my body needs some nourishment...so I feed it healthy food in healthy portions.

Good luck! You will get back on track!

Yes, I am the same. After a bad binge, my body needs protein and vegetables, at the very least, to get some healthy nutrients in after all the junk. Eggs are good too, I find.
  • brownacb
    brownacb Posts: 8
    Options
    If i fast after a binge I often end up eating crappy food again that evening, or the next day. I agree, it's better to eat healthy the next day, in moderate qualities, and try to stick with that!