Dec 7-Dec 13 Check In Challenge Thread

Options

Replies

• imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just got in from a day in NYC celebrating my daughter's birthday. Lots of walking, but also a bagel with lox for dinner. I'll regret it tomorrow but enjoyed it today. Welcome to all the newbies!
    Now, a quick stroll with my pup Henry, then off to bed.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Week 2 begin.

I was at a wedding for a good friend today and their rehearsal dinner was yesterday, so there was plenty of good food and beer, but it was very much worth it. The groom's mother made tons of delicious sweets, and I'm just glad I could limit myself to only 2 cupcakes and some caramel dip, lol.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    gnb0ng0eck8o.jpg
    Just saw a few posts dated today but in the last thread. Jeffrey & TJ made it but wanted to post this for Caroline
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Welcome Noeliacns, Jennifer & Leopardprintaholic! (Great handle BTW!)
    Super excited to have folks join in. Come back every day just to say Hi. You might not have time to catch up on everybody's happenings but it will be a great reminder that there are a lot of us with similar goals. And if you want to chime in, we'd love it!
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Checking in!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Folks! Let's Rock the week!
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Monday, Monday.... I'm Going to put a smile on my face and ride my motorcycle to work.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Kris and for any interested here is a BF% calculator that is fairly accurate. Especially for "relative Fat " if you compare results with a Dexa Scan you'll find a difference but that difference will remain pretty much the same. I cross check it with my calipers (and I've had alot of experience with calipers in the Army) and it is usually within +-1%.
    fat2fittools.com/tools/cbbf/http://
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 8 rest
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Carb Night was yesterday..gluttonous! Water challenge starts today.
    Happy Monday !!!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    jenniferyounginillinois Posts: 535 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good morning all. Thank you for the warm welcome. Carol, drink that water!!!! I have my first glass ready. :)
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    GOOD Morning and HAPPY Monday all!

Leopardprintaholic, Welcome!!!

John, Thanks for the link! It is official...I am going hardcore and will dig deep to take a look at my BF. Ugh!

My physical is tomorrow, but my blood work posted in my online account. Wasn't going to look, but I couldn't stop myself. It was AWFUL. Only thing that was good was that my HDL went up another 10 pts. It is crazy how fast everything changed. Thyroid is now well below standard and more. It's official! I am falling apart. Time to literally work my butt off.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Gotta get packing. Can't believe this is my last trip of 2014. Long one too. Not home until Friday. Sacramento. My 5th trip to CA this year. Will be a test to see how well I stick to plan. Both food and exercise. Many catered meals which I didn't plan and dinners with groups at restaurants I didn't choose. Usually I can figure out the food. It's getting in some movement and at least one strength training. Wish me luck.

• imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Slept poorly because of that stupid bagel. I need to remind myself that grains just don't make me happy no matter how good they taste. But it is a new and bright day! The resolutions begin again with new resolve! I really need to do a 2 or 3 day cleanse (that would ace the water challenge!), but have trouble figuring out how to fit that into a workout schedule, since I don't want to work out while fasting. Contemplating starting today and rescheduling tomorrow's planned workout. Any thoughts?
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Felt pretty good after the run yesterday, but then ate too much throughout the day. Today is a new day! Will do better... or at least attempt to do better! :smile:

Nice to see so many new faces! Welcome to the newcomers!
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Supernormal Stimuli: The Seduction of Our Senses

I thought this was motivational. You might also think so. It's hard to not get overwhelmed with our instinctual eating habits but once you recognize that it happens, you can overcome it.

imabizzybee,

I'm a firm believer in starting things immediately. I once heard (have no source for this) that if you think about doing something enough you will be less motivated to actually do it because you have already reaped the "feel goods" from thinking about it so much. It may have no scientific basis, but it may help with procrastinating!
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning yall! I was really worried that after the hike with weighted pack and then basketball after church that I would be super sore today. Worried so much that I dreamed I was having severe knee pain! This morning all I have is a little soreness on the inside of one knee. Probably won't do squats and such today, just to have a day off and recover.

• angelaneale
    angelaneale Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All!
  • leopardprintaholic
    Options
    Thank you for all the warm welcomes!!! Bless you guys
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Nothing to report.