Dec 7-Dec 13 Check In Challenge Thread

Options

Replies

• heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just had my consult with Jef. Great insights. One thing I can't wait to try is taking MCT oil before my session. I've been having focus issues towards the end of my session. The hypothesis is that my brain is starved of glucose. Taking MCT oil before should help me. It's a weird feeling when I can see or hear what is going to happen but my brain either can't comprehend correctly or it's slow to tell my body to move lol.
    Starting next year I am going to try training 5-6 days a week while doing CN. I've decided not to carb back load. My 1st priority is still fat loss. By not carb loading I am sacrificing performance and I'm fine with that
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone! Having fun reading. Cynthia, I am contemplating doing a cleanse for recharging. Kilosierra83, Good to hear the knee held up. Mine wasn't too sore after the hike but then I went and played with the dog and he slammed it back. Yikes! Chris, I like your thinking. As soon as I arrived at work I talked with my lunch friend's about how I am going "hard core" and they said they want to too. Nice! I have a tendency to want to plan and then I get sidetracked and it loses it's power.

Today has been good. Water goal reached. I feel focused on fixing the stuff that needs to be fixed. Feeling bad about previous choices doesn't get me anywhere but bummed. Glad I joined the group. It is helping me:) Starting the new ST plan tonight. Printed off both plans' first day workouts and will pick it when I get downstairs. Bring on the weights!!!
  • kc9ljo
    kc9ljo Posts: 19
    Options
    Still here
  • 25mcaro
    Options
    Where do these days go! Its week six for my aerial arts class, time to sign up for season 2 again.
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Monday ... 5 days and nights until Carb Night :)
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    3 miles RX'd today. 2 at a comfortable pace followed by 1 faster mile:

1. 7:58 (-0:03 from last time)
    2. 8:14 (-0:15)
    3. 7:33 (-0:11)

For a grand total - 23:49 7:56/mile

I felt great today. I ran with fantastic form (or I felt like it was) and when I finished I didn't feel like laying on the ground for 2 minutes before logging this. I'm pulling a 22 hour fast today just to clear my body out from all the weekend shenanigans. Tonight, Wall-E with pork chops, rice, and green beans! Oh and plenty of water. As of this post I'll be at 135oz...which my goal is body weight in ounces so I have a couple bottles left to go.

Kris that's a great mindset. Focusing on things in the past only bring on depression! Way to be forward thinking!

Heron can you tell me what MCT oil is?
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    It's Tuesday morning. That is all.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks! Quick turn around to work this morning have a Root Cause Analysis meeting this morning, can't really say what its about since it involves a patient, but if you are familiar with Six Sigma you'll know it can be a pain. Followed by Treadmill Maintenance Contractor coming in. Then a full shift as well. gonna be a long day.
    Posting in my food diary this week, as a periodic maint cross check.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Heron, might want to look into a product called Keto Force I've tried it and it is like Rocket Fuel for the brain even in non fat adapted state. Product Dominick D'agistino helped develop.
    prototypenutrition.com/ketoforce.htmlhttp://
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 9 still on the pace
  • 25mcaro
    Options
    Good Morning All. Pushing the water is a big challenge.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Arturo, but who's counting? :) Chris, congrats on the run and feeling great. Wall-E is such a sweet movie. I cry every time I see it. Heron and John, thanks for sharing. I never heard of that stuff. Yes, I live under a rock. Well done everyone on sticking it out.

I hit the snooze FOUR times this morning. The doctors appointment allowed it. Woke up with a fierce sinus headache since the weather is up and down. Zero badness last night with snacks, even though I was crazed wanting something. Well I better get my butt motivated to face the doc's music. Have a wonderful day all.
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    25mcaro wrote: »
    Where do these days go! Its week six for my aerial arts class, time to sign up for season 2 again.

Can you feel my envy? I have always wanted to try one of those classes, but there are none in the area. I'm turning green! Where are you located?
  • imabizzybee
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Good day yesterday - ate well, lots of water, lots of walking. Didn't start that cleanse. On my way to the gym for a legs & core workout!
  • imabizzybee
    Options
    heronh wrote: »
    Just had my consult with Jef. Great insights. One thing I can't wait to try is taking MCT oil before my session. I've been having focus issues towards the end of my session. The hypothesis is that my brain is starved of glucose. Taking MCT oil before should help me. It's a weird feeling when I can see or hear what is going to happen but my brain either can't comprehend correctly or it's slow to tell my body to move lol.

Heron, do you use just coconut oil for the MCT, or something more special? FYI, my brain function increased dramatically when I stopped eating grains. I was able to learn 75 new student names the first day of class. Previously it would have taken a few weeks. You might see a big difference with your MCT oil, too.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The brain side of things is interesting. I am feeling more alert and focused but the other day I was dropping things constantly. In my case I think it's just part of the adjustment period since I had been eating really bad and switched up completely. Either way it just goes to show that we don't fully understand what all food does to us, especially the processed and altered crap...

Down another pound this morning, I know the first ten pounds or so drop off fast, but man I wish it would keep this sort of pace!

Plan to tape myself tonight and start recording measurements about once a week.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Sounds like everyone is doing awesome! :smile:

My Monday turned out okay. Met my step goal and drank all my water. Still working on the eating part... It will fall into place eventually! LOL
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the lb Kevin! Stacy- baby steps!! Baby Fitbit steps! ;)
    - I haven't really done anything yet today.I better go get a bottle of water.
    - I'm restricting calories pretty significantly over the next couple of days. It goes against everything we are learning but I'm still full from my Carb Nite Sunday! Family style lasagna linguine apple pie etc. etc.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday from Roseville CA!

Long travel day yesterday to get here. But got good steps, I go by a no sitting in airports rule, must pace. With my rather heavy computer backpack. The professional women's version of a weighted rucksack walk. I joked on Instagram yesterday that I needed to weigh the dang thing.
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm still in! WOO HOO!