What are YOU doing to lose weight?

Options
Diamond05
Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
Hi, i though it would be fun and interresting to share what everyone is doing to lose weight. We don't need to go in detaills like how many calories you eat and burn everyday but just an overall. It might help or give us new ideas! :smile:

So here what I have been doing:

I drink lots of water everyday, at least 8 cups a day.

I excercise 6 times a week, it has been mostly walking and interval jogging on the threadmill at home until now. I`m starting to do video workouts and I plan on taking aquaform classes once a week for the summer. They say variety is the key!

I went low carb, I cut out pasta and rice the most I can. I have them once in a while but not often. I do eat whole grains bread.

I eat plenty of lean protein, chicken, shrimp, tofu, fish, steak...

I eat veggies, I try to fit as many as I can in a day. Dinner is always loaded with them and do my best the rest of the day.

I eat fruits in moderation, trying to keep in check the sugar...

I have 3 meals a day and one or two snacks, depending on how hungry I am.

I eat when I'm hungry, even if it's 12 am and about to go to bed, I'll have a little snack.

I'm keeping high calories food, sugary food , greasy food on the occasionnal list... I have had a trio from Mcdo once and one from Wendy's in 14 weeks, not bad I was there several times a month before !

I am not posting this so we can point out what the other is doing wrong or to see who's doing better :smile: It is just a thread to share how were trying to get to our goal and it's all a question of preference on how we want/ chose to get there.

Good luck on your journey everyone:drinker:

Replies

• Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    To lose weight I have upped my calories. Between 1530 and 1900 calories.( I eat back calories on cardio days). I do the Chalene Extreme program and incorporate extra cardio. Usually fitness blender videos off youtube. I drink at least 10 cups of water a day.
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking lots of water (currently drinking half my weight worth of oz - still kinda on the fence as to if I like this vs say 8 glasses /day or other theories and would love to hear more).

I've been tracking and trying to eat back enough calories to at least be in the 1000-1200 range (usually that means around 2000 calories per day - base of 1650 plus roughly half my exercise calories) and still playing around with this some. The lady at the gym wants me up closer to 3000. Trying to increase my protein over and above what MFP suggests while ideally trying to watch other things such as sodium, fats, cholesterol, etc. I'm not perfect, but likely very few are.

As for exercise. My general week is as follows:

Mon, Wed & Thurs - 30 minute circuit & 30 min treadmill
    Tues & Turs - 45 min treadmill & 15 min bike
    Sat - 45 min Wii Rhythmic boxing
    Sun - 45 min casual walk