Primal icecream

ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
I just made primal ice cream sooo easy- I froze a banana in pieces, put it in a blender with some double cream and 2x teaspoons of hazelnut butter and blended, instant ice cream.- no added sugar, obviously an occasional thing but it certainly hits the spot.

Replies

• AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    too bad I hate bananas =(
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member

I freeze coconut milk in icecube trays and then I add berries, some tomato, carrots and honey and put it in my vitamix. Comes out perfect and my kids love it too :)
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member

I freeze coconut milk in icecube trays and then I add berries, some tomato, carrots and honey and put it in my vitamix. Comes out perfect and my kids love it too :)
    I do a variation on this. I freeze the berries (raspberries, blueberries, etc.), and when I pour some coconut milk over them the thermal transfer semi-freezes the coconut milk to a frozen yogurt consistency.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member

I do a variation on this. I freeze the berries (raspberries, blueberries, etc.), and when I pour some coconut milk over them the thermal transfer semi-freezes the coconut milk to a frozen yogurt consistency.

This is brilliant... and so beautifully simple! Going to do this from now on :)
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member

A.P. - I have just de-friended you.

ok, I'm kidding.
  • Ladyboomer2
    Ladyboomer2 Posts: 19 Member
    That sounds like a more fun way to eat a banana -I love them and just had one with my lunch-wow they r high in carbs so prob better to stretch them with something else like u have done and make icecream out of them. Yummy idea
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    http://spoonful.com/recipes/homemade-ice-cream-bag

You can sub out the sugar for honey or other sweetener. I used half heavy cream and half almond coconut milk instead of halfnhalf.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    bump.
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    I came across this recipe a few weeks ago (I believe the person that sent it got it from Tana Amen, but not sure?). Haven't made it yet, but sounds promising. Not sure if I believe protein powder is necessary, but I usually tweak recipes until they suit me.

Amazing Avocado Gelato
    Ingredients
    • 3 avocados
    • 1/4 cup coconut butter
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate protein powder (vegan)
    • 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
    • 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
    • 3 tablespoons coconut flakes, unsweetened
    • 1 dropper full chocolate-flavored liquid stevia
    Directions
    1. In a blender, mix all the ingredients except coconut flakes. Blend until creamy and smooth. Mixture should be very thick!
    2. Either smooth entire contents into a cake pan or drop round in tablespoon-sized balls (like cookies, but a little thinner) onto a cookie sheet. Note that it is easier to spread the mixture into a cake pan, but it is a little more challenging to cut it after it has been frozen. Dropping onto a cookie sheet can be a little messy, but then it is easier to grab and eat after freezing. Try it both ways and see how you like it.
    3. Sprinkle coconut over the top.
    4. Place cake pan or cookie sheet in freezer for at least 2 hours until frozen.
    5. Serve as a frozen treat. They taste like Fudgesicles!
  • clairemarie1016
    clairemarie1016 Posts: 44 Member
    I'll often just blend frozen bananas in my vitamix on their own. After 5 minutes on full blast they are whipped up really creamy and it looks like real ice-cream. I don't add any sugar or anything and even my husband likes it!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    You can use any frozen fruit! Strawberries are my fav!