Down 35 pounds!

Options
SteveKroll
SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
Ok, 34.5 pounds, but I'm rounding! :p

I officially started dieting 10/16 and lost 8 pounds, but the real progress started a month ago when I went keto. I've since lost another 27 pounds. But more important than the weight loss are my blood glucose numbers. Before starting on a ketogenic diet, my BG was anywhere from 150 to over 200 mg/dl. It now stays between 82 and 95 and fluctuates very little. I'm actually looking forward to my next blood test in 2 months.

goeufpwh97xs.jpg

Replies

• mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That's great I started last Friday I'm interested to see how it goes. The first week I'm not really concerned with the numbers it's all going to be water. Any negative side affects or things to watch for?
  • SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    mgorham, from your photo it looks like you are on the right track. The only negative side effects I had were headaches and muscle cramps the first week, as my body adjusted from burning carbs to burning fat. I upped my water and sodium intake and got some low dose magnesium/potassium supplements to replace lost electrolytes. It helped a lot.

Other than that, just stay within your macros and you should do fine.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That's great, Steve. Congratulations. Sure, we're here to lose weight, but most of us are looking at the big picture. Looks like you are on the right track.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That's really great! Congrats.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So great what you've done for yourself!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    WTG !!! cant wait to hear what your numbers are for your blood work
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Great job. You must be so very happy!
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Overall health is so important and it sounds like you're doing great. Congratulations!!
  • LoraKay131
    LoraKay131 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :) congrats!
  • bnybanker
    bnybanker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! Way to go!
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, Steve! And isn't it great not to have anxiety about doctor visits and health markers? A beautiful thing you have achieved.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    27 lbs in one month?!?!!? Holy smokes, that is fantastic. Way to go, man.