Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to keto...questions about lifting

mgorham13
mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
Hi all. I'm on the first week and losing lots of water weight right now but moving forward what can I expect in the gym based on your experience? I do a form of stronglifts (ICF 5x5) and 3 days of cardio 75 mins. Have your workouts suffered? Can you still progress with increasing weight? I feel a little sluggish but I was able to get through my lifts but needed and extra rest day also. Any thoughts?

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    I am not an exercise person, but I have heard that a person should make sure he/she gets enough potassium & sodium (salt) when starting this diet. It could explain the sluggishness.

Here is a good article: "Keto-flu" and Sufficient Intake of Electrolytes

I hope this helps.

Dan the Man from Sedentary Land
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Great article DittoDan I think I will ease up on the intensity as needed until I am in ketosis then see how I feel. I can see myself doing the targeted carb boosts around weight training in the future to keep lifting progress going