INJURIES!!!!

Options
beautifulciera
beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
I'm having foot pain...I guess I need to stretch more. Maybe get shoe insoles, a massage - IDK!! But the worse pain about my workouts are my feet. Uuugh! Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I feel like with certain moves that my toes are going to cramp up on me! But pain is no bueno!!! Where is the pain concentrated at? Can you tell if it's a muscle or a ligament? Ice and elevate! I used to have issues with my arches all the time because they're so dang high. Rolling tennis balls on my feet helped.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I had foot pain when I did her 30 Day Shred. I started working out bare foot and that seemed to help me a lot, although I wouldn't work out barefoot during the cable exercises. I would ice my feet for 10 minutes and then immediately put a heating pad on it for 10 minutes.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Yeah I started with shoes during my test drive, but I felt like I would collapse so I took my shoes off and it got a bit better, but still some straining here and there. The pain is directly in my arch (no where else). Sometimes I stretch my arches in between workouts. Especially the hot feet circuit on Cardio 1 - whoa! Talk about PAIN.
  • KrishDaNa
    KrishDaNa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I used to get pain in the arches since I also have a high arch. Once I bought better shoes the pain went away.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    So you workout with shoes on the entire workout? Which brand of shoes do you have...maybe I'll have invest in some better quality
  • KrishDaNa
    Options
    I have the same shoes Jillian is using in BR. I have KSwiss Tube Runs. Plus they come in different fun colors. I had to buy it on Amazon since stores around me don't carry them.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    Maybe I'll look into those...from my experiences with K Swiss ~ I never knew they were the workout type of shoe.

Chin Splints....I know there's no cure to this, but just to let them naturally heal...but my goodness these things are no joke.
  • qhiggins86
    Options
    The best relief I ever had with shin splints was to buy those small gatorade paper cups and freeze it half full of water. Then after a workout, I would tear down the side of the cup until some of the ice was exposed, and press that in a massaging motion onto my shin for about 5 mins on each side. It helps reduce the inflammation! Finding better shoes will also help reduce the impact to the area.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    yeah..I workout bare foot...so maybe I should invest is some JM shoes...I bought some really cute ones from Walmart, but I guess they aren't good enough. I work out with those shoes at the gym with no problem though...

I know JM's shoes are probably expensive!!
  • KrishDaNa
    Options
    On Amazon they cost between $40 to $60 depending on the one you choose. It really helped my feet. I have high arches and wide feet so I always have to pick shoes carefully.
  • qhiggins86
    Options
    20% off going on right now!!! 20OFFSHOE
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    on amazon??
  • qhiggins86
    Options
    Yes ma'am! I wish I wasn't broke. I lost my expensive *kitten* running shoes when I was traveling 2 months ago too, so I'm using a *kitten* pair of shoes to work out in. Grrr!
  • beautifulciera
    edited December 2014
    Options
    the promotional code didn't work for me :(

maybe it was only yesterday
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    @KrisDa24 Is this the right shoe???
    http://fitbottomedgirls.com/2012/03/looking-fly-with-jillian-michaels-k-swiss-tubes/

I was actually looking at this shoe http://www.dsw.com/shoe?prodId=305100&skuId=58000000003051000970000M008.0&item=ci10867029834&productRef=&qty=1&fromPage=shoppingBag&no_redirect=1&edit=true ... but didn't want to purchase it if it wasn't the right one. Like I said, foot/arch pain is the worst part of my workout these days.
  • KrishDaNa
    Options
    Looks like we are back up. Let me know what you think of the shoes once you get them.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    I will :)) Can't wait till they get here :smiley:
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    my knees are in pain!!!! Am I the only one smh!! These lunges are killing my KNEES!
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Nope my knees are hurting bad. Its from this weather and the fact our apartment is an ice box. I swear we can hang meat in there.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    WOOOORD! I definitely thought I was the only one with the ICE COLD place. I had an electric heater in my bedroom last night with the door shut, and I was still shivering!!!