Options
2»

Replies

• iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Second FD of the week for me today:

BF: 0% Greek Yoghurt with red berries, tea with skimmed milk
    Lunch: Soup + salad, may add some lean chicken depending on what soup is on offer in the canteen today
    Dinner: Vegetable soup (home made)
    Snacking on an apple and small bunch of red grapes. Drinks will be green tea, water, max 2 x breakfast tea with skimmed milk

Have a massive headache this morning, possibly because I scarfed down a big bag of peanut M&Ms last night while watching TV and up to that point I've been really good at avoiding processed sugars, serves me right. :s

@BadgerLamb236 - your dinner sounds lush! :p
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    FD no 2 for me this week too. Todays menu:

B- blueberries, pomegranate and coconut greek yoghurt
    L- sticks of celery, cucumber, sweet red pepper and carrots
    D- courghetti with green pesto and peas
    Snacks- cereal bar and small portion of popcorn

Have great days!x
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm new...so I hope to improve over time, but here is what I had yesterday:

B: coffee/cream
    S: apple
    L: pistachios
    S: string cheese
    D: egg white omelet
    That was my 500 calories...

Then, I had a bunch of popcorn...oops (700 calories total)

It was my first day though, I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

Plus, I plan to eat 200 calories less today to make up for it.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options

Then, I had a bunch of popcorn...oops (700 calories total)

It was my first day though, I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

Plus, I plan to eat 200 calories less today to make up for it.

I recommend that since you are new, just treat each day as a new day. The real beauty of this plan is there is no guilt, no punishment. You will eventually get into the 5:2 rhythm and all of it will work out without having to decrease your calories one day to make up for the previous days.

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Today I had:
    tea with milk and sugar 29cals
    Nescafe vanilla latte 74cals
    Stir fry veg and tuna, prawn with rice

I made the stir fry for the whole family, under 300cals for one portion 8 portions in the whole thing.
    wlpr7cuq663z.jpg

Also had one wethers sugar free sweet and small mug of Ovaltine. Ended just over 600cals.
  • catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I went over 900c today.
    Breakfast: pot of milky tea
    Lunch: 2 cups of milky coffee
    Dinner: (my inlaws have just arrived for another 2 week visit): split pea soup ~270c. Should have stopped there, but no....
    Cauliflower cheese ~ 300c.
    2 slices of ham.
    Apple & strawberry crumble...

Soup was great though, I'll have to cook some more to freeze for next time.
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I had my usual
    b/fast - large mug of redbush tea, no limk
    lunch - 0
    tea - my yummy homemade mushroom soup
    Now in bed with a redbush with milk to nurse my cold. Hoping to be better tomorrow after an early night.
    Ended the day on 132 cals.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day
    Breakfast was bakedbeans on toast
    No lunch
    Dinner will be stir-fry meat and veggies over rice

Crap loads of water to drink
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Bumping for you @bethhjanee
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    On FD I usually have de caf Tea all day and then in the evening I like a 1 skillet dish that started off with Kale, but it was a bit fibrous so now any greens sliced finely with a pack of chopped tomatoes over the top and cook for a bit, then crack a couple of eggs per person on to the top, cover and cook for a further 5 - 10 mins and serve. dead easy, little washing up and under 500 cals.
  • paulahunter1981
    paulahunter1981 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey this is my 3rd day on 5:2 monday was my fast day had 491, yesterday 991, today 1534. Tomorrow is my 2nd fast day of the week, how many hours do peolple fast for?
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    The goal is 32....eat a normal dinner, sleep, eat ~500 cals (for women) during the course of the day (while saying "no thank you, but I can eat that tomorrow" a few times), sleep, and then by the time you wake up and eat breakfast or lunch you should be at or above 32 hours.

I've gone as much as 3 days (76 hours I think it was), also did a week of 4 fasts back to back (32 hours, 1 big meal over about an hour, repeat x3). These were tests of my own will and to see what would happen...extreme and, truthfully, unnecessary.

Many will start with 24 and work their way up to 32. In Mosley's documentary he tried different fast types including one where you eat normally for 24 hours and fast the next 24, flip flopping every day. He settled on 5:2 because it was the least intrusive to his lifestyle and was something he felt he could pull off...and keep pulling off for an extended amount of time. He was also trying to raise the level of cancer inhibitors in his body, which every form of fasting he tried did.

Also, we have weekly threads run by some very dedicated people where everyone shares their progress and helps each other out. When you look at the group page you'll see the threads with dates in the titles. Come on in and join us...we have a group that is empathetic, helpful, and non-judgmental. I've seen some group where it's "combative" dieting; we're on the opposite end of the spectrum...laid back and supportive.

The latest weekly thread is at: Weekly Post - 26.02.18 - 04.03.18

Hope to see you in there,
    Rus
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I follow a high fat, low carb diet so my meals probably look smaller. Yesterday, I had :

Lunch:
    1 egg,
    1c hamburger soup (personal recipe),
    3 c salad with 1 tbsp low fat ranch

Supper:
    175 grams of broccoli with 1 tbsp full fat mayo. 175 grams of full fat plain Greek yogurt, sweetened with stevia and vanilla and 1 sugar free jello pack mixed in.

Snacks: coffee with 4 tbsp coffee cream and lots of water. If hungry I eat chicken broth.