Christmas Dinner...what are you having/making/bringing?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm coordinating the cooking this year. The fam has requested turkey, so I'm buying a big breast (no one eats a lot of turkey). Then I'm making no sugar added candied yams and cranberry sauce.
    We're also having stuffing (not made by me), brussels, and peas for sure.
    And a pumpkin pie, and a nice wine. Beyond that, who knows.

I plan to have a bit of everything, but not much of the stuffing, as I know it will give my tummy an ache.
    Ha. In the end I bought a turduchen. My local organic market had them for a reasonable price.
    I've got all the fixins and am ready to go. I think I'll make the yams tonight to save some time tomorrow.
    AND! I've wrapped everything already (being off work is so helpful). The only thing left is some outdoor decorating tonight and I'm all set.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hoping every one enjoyed their meals and had a safe and wonderful day. Our dinner was yummy. I did the baked cauliflower with butter and garlic and lemon zest. It was very good. Even hubby had some. The pork roast was yummy and I ate more than I usually do. I was not starving for dinner but I was good and ready to eat. Tomorrow is another day if you strayed from plans.
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    'Traditional Real Food for the Holiday Season'
    by Sten Sture Skaldeman at DietDoctor.com
    http://tinyurl.com/nep27uy
    Happy Holidays! :smile:
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Very nice link TQ. I love Skaldeman's approach to food.
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    O, Yah, me, too...Tak så miket.. :smile:
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is our "Dean Xmas" - He's USAF and couldn't get home until later today, much to Her Sveltness' dismay - first Xmas in his/her life he wasn't with "Mom" on the "other" Christmas Day so we'll just have our own, thank you very much <g>.

Besides, the two Grandma's and Grandpa "canceled" the other one with a curt - "Nobody's opening any presents until Dean gets here!" - so the case was pretty much closed.

Anyway, 6# Leg of Lamb, some "flavor" vegs, spices, and red wine, all lined up and destined to perform their final "act" in the Lodge Dutch Oven in the morning.

5 hrs (or so) later, some cheese, heavy and sour cream, and lots of love should result in a "perfect" gravy/sauce. Roasted garlic, avocado, radishes, and broccoli (just in case there's any sauce without a "home" and it's a "done deal". (well, except maybe for the homemade, sugar free, ice cream which I "might" not have).

If it all works out, maybe we'll plan a "rescheduled" NYE next week<bg>