Suspension Training?

Options
jdhcm2006
jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
Does anyone do suspension training? If so, do you have any advice on exercises or resources that I can read up on that includes exercise routines?

Replies

• shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've been using TRX training since 2001 and although you can just google "TRX Suspension training" I'd start with TRXtraining.com. Remember, the angle of the suspension strap will determine how easy or difficult the exercise will be.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I have been using TRX for the last few months, in lifting weights and cardio. As shortchange1 said best place to start is the TRX website and you can find a lot of info on google, there are also some really good vids on youtube of showing what you can do/whole workout sessions.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Nayners21
    Nayners21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was introduced to TRX about 3 months ago. This was after doing straight weight lifting with barbells and dumbbells. Man, if you think you can lift heavy weight, wait until you try TRX. After developing a circuit using only the TRX, it became more comfortable. TRX will transform your body!!!! I highly recommend it.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Nayners21 wrote: »
    I was introduced to TRX about 3 months ago. This was after doing straight weight lifting with barbells and dumbbells. Man, if you think you can lift heavy weight, wait until you try TRX. After developing a circuit using only the TRX, it became more comfortable. TRX will transform your body!!!! I highly recommend it.

Thanks. I don't lift heavy because I don't like going to the gym, so I decided to get the TRX so I can do bodyweight exercises. Do you have any favorite moves? Or moves that you think I should prioritize over others?
  • Nayners21
    Nayners21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

Thanks. I don't lift heavy because I don't like going to the gym, so I decided to get the TRX so I can do bodyweight exercises. Do you have any favorite moves? Or moves that you think I should prioritize over others?

OH yes! Push ups using the TRX (the more upright you are, the easier. The more close to the ground, the harder. Rows, tricep extension, one legged squats.. oh my gosh there are so many. Email me, and i can scan you the workouts with pictures. Nayners21@yahoo.com
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

OH yes! Push ups using the TRX (the more upright you are, the easier. The more close to the ground, the harder. Rows, tricep extension, one legged squats.. oh my gosh there are so many. Email me, and i can scan you the workouts with pictures. Nayners21@yahoo.com

You are a total gem. Thank you.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Interested in this. Ive only used the TRX for rows thus far as part of a circuit but am interested in getting a door one for home use
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Right now trxtraining.com has two promo codes that I know of. Both offering free shipping. The first one is TRXNOW for 25% off (idk if this one will work for everyone, I got it off of a banner ad on the side of MFP) and it last until 12/24/14. The second one is SECRET for 20% off (and it's being advertised on the TRX website) and I am not sure how long it last. Now might be the time to invest in it since the promo codes knock off about $40-50 dollars. I do not know how often they have promo codes.
  • girlnamedsarah
    girlnamedsarah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love TRX! I've been thinking about getting one for my home too, the price tag is the only thing holding me back at this point.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    This link given details of some great TRX exercises: I created my upper/lower and full body workouts from the exercises listed here http://greatist.com/fitness/effective-TRX-exercises
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I love love love inverted rows using my suspension straps!