Hi, Im transitioning to clean eating

Options
bblunds
bblunds Posts: 7 Member
Hi, I'm a busy, full-time, single working mom of two. I'm transitioning to clean eating and just starting out. Would love to have some friends so I can see what your daily eating consists of, I'm also getting ready to go to Cabo next month. I do 30-45 on the treadmill daily and do 30-60 of pilates on the reformer...all at home because there is no time for the gym. Have a great day all!!!

Replies

• NotSoGirlyGirl
    NotSoGirlyGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also transtitioning to clean eating. I am so glad you put it that way. I am also a single mom and everything I read said go home and throw all these things away. I just can't afford to do that. I have about 100 lbs to loose and workout 5 to 6 days a week. I have found a bunch of recipes and am really excited for this change.
  • erinjechols
    Options
    I too am a single mom who is on the road to clean eating, so I totally understand where you are! I work with a nutritionist who has really helped me to clean up my diet, and I have seen huge changes in my skin, weight, energy level, etc as a result. My goal is to eat clean 90% of the time and leave 10% for fun foods like dark chocolate, or my favorite greek yogurt popsicles. It's not a cheap lifestyle to live, but it's definitely worth it when you consider that you're ridding your diet of processed, unhealthy food.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Single mom too and have had the same issue. Yeah I can't afford to just go home and toss everything not "clean" but I really could stop buying more and work with it. Just too easy to fall into cheap easy fix meals sometimes. I don't buy a lot of them but even spaghetti with processed wheat noddles is not really clean I'm sure. And we usually have that once a week. My 11 year old has been gaining weight at a scary rate since puberty hit over summer. She could use the cleaner eating too for sure. We've been walking together almost daily. She got a sprained ankle falling on some water on cement at the park. So we have backed off on increasing pace for another week or so. But still out walking(after an ok from a Dr and x ray showing no breaks or tears).
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The produce we love gets expensive. I just need to do more meal planning and I'm sure it would improve the budget alone.