Hello & nice to meet you!

Options
bettepower
bettepower Posts: 73 Member
Hey guys!
I am scheduled for w6d1 of C25K tomorrow, but I have seriously caught the bug so I am happy to have found an alumni/alumnae group.
Today was my first trial run ever (on my "off" days I do a little fun exploring around the village I live in). Dodging trees and hopping over roots—it was a blast.
I hope to stay this motivated for a long time to come and it has been helpful reading through the threads here. Thanks!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Trail runs are so much fun!

Welcome in. Most of us are working through the Bridge to 10k app, but not all of us. Many of us have a 10k goal, but not all of us. Mostly we're sharing our experiences and figuring out this running thing together.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi there-

I'm also here from the c25k group. I haven't started the official Bridge program, but have been increasing my running frequency and distance, and hope to get to a 10k in September. I have my 2nd 5k race in July. I'm trying to stay motivated as it gets hotter here in New England. The last few days have been tough!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Isn't it crazy? I think we were all thinking that we'd really be able to get out and run when it got warmer. The heat is KILLING me.
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi there-

I'm also here from the c25k group. I haven't started the official Bridge program, but have been increasing my running frequency and distance, and hope to get to a 10k in September. I have my 2nd 5k race in July. I'm trying to stay motivated as it gets hotter here in New England. The last few days have been tough!
    I'm in New England as well (love it), I try to get out before 7am to avoid the strongest sun I know what you mean. Summer is so brief and fleeting though I have to enjoy every minute to get me through the snowy months.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have to get out before 7am too, I much prefer running in sub-zero temperatures!