Taking a week off

Options
silver_arrow3
silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
Hi, all!

I started the program on December 1st. With the holiday coming up next week, I will be out of town with no access to a gym or weights. I don't particularly care to take a week off, so I might make an attempt at a run or at least a long walk in the mornings.

My question is, when I return, where should I pick up? Should I start with the next workout in the program that I would have done if I hadn't been gone, or should I repeat the one before? I ask because after spending the majority of the summer and fall away from the gym, I am rebuilding my strength again. While I think I am capable of picking it back up where I left off, I am curious what those of you who have gone through the program recommend.

Replies

• Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, will you be done stage 1 in time for this break, or no?
  • elliebellie78
    elliebellie78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing.... will be off at least a week, except for what i might be able to squeeze in at nights (workout videos/yoga/etc.).
    Curious to hear what the responses are, thanks for asking this!

I will be in the last few weeks of stage 1, when my break hits.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    There isn't really a set answer - do what feels right to you.

I've taken time off for varying reasons and sometimes I get straight back into the next workout, and other times I repeat one or more of the previous sessions (adding a couple extra to the Stage).

I only just started BT3 in Supercharged (will be doing my 3rd B workout on Friday), and will be having next week off while gallivanting around the countryside. When I get back, I'm restarting BT3, because that's what I want to do - no other reason really :smile: It'll add an extra 6 workouts, but I'm happy with that as there's a few things I'd like to work on in this stage.